DECKS you'd like to see in a POCKET version

Little_Bear

Pocket Fey Tarot

I'd love a pocket, borderless Fey Tarot.

I second this! I would love one of these.
I would also really like a pocket Tarot of the Magical Forest and a
pocket Sweet Twilight.

Citrin

What do you like about the pocket versions? :) I'm just curious ´cause I've mainly worked with "standard" sized tarot decks and the pocket versions feel sooo weird and small to me. I've never really liked them.

gregory

What do you like about the pocket versions? :) I'm just curious ´cause I've mainly worked with "standard" sized tarot decks and the pocket versions feel sooo weird and small to me. I've never really liked them.
Saves space when laying out the cards; ultra-portable.

Also cuteness:joke:

kalliope

I'd definitely buy a pocket sized Wild Unknown. It's one of my very favorites, and I do find it a bit difficult to shuffle. (But the app fulfills much of my desire for ease and portability.)

They're MUCH more comfortable for me to shuffle and hold. They have the familiar feel of a deck of regular playing cards. My fingers don't have to be stretched to the max to reach & wrap around the ends of the cards lengthwise like they do for most standard decks.

They also aren't space hogs when laying them out on a small table, or next to you on the sofa. And if I'm reading around other people (but not reading for them), they don't draw as much attention, and nosy, rubbernecking people can't see them very well without getting obvious about it. :cool3:

I think true minis win the cuteness contest (and are definitely awesome for Lenormands GTs), but pockets are big enough to be easier to handle. (Although "tall minis" by Lo Scarabeo are quite nice.)

Citrin

Okay, then I understand. :D I guess I'm so used to stretching out my fingers when shuffling that it feels weird when it's actually comfortable to shuffle... LOL.

I do appreciate the size of the Vanessa Tarot, but this really depends on the images. It feels like the smaller cards don't "ruin" the art with its whole almost comic strip style. While I would feel too much detail would disappear if it was some other deck that I love, like the Crystal Visions or Ludy Lescot etc...

But okay, they are quite comfortable to shuffle. ;)

kalliope

I guess I'm so used to stretching out my fingers when shuffling that it feels weird when it's actually comfortable to shuffle... LOL.

:joke:

While I would feel too much detail would disappear if it was some other deck that I love, like the Crystal Visions or Ludy Lescot etc...

Trimming is the perfect solution in those circumstances! You get to keep the image the same size, but lose the blank space of the borders. They end up close to a pocket size.

celticnoodle

Only so many topics to swirl around. They all come back.
Pocket size just seems the sweet spot as far as some decks. Easier to shuffle, but still big enough to see.

I'd love for all my cards to be the size of playing cards or just slightly larger then playing cards, myself. Having small hands, it would be much easier in this size to handle. As for tins to keep them in--no matter to me. I don't mind the cardboard boxes cards come in. Tins are certainly better--but not a big deal to me either way.

greatdane

But I don't trim, Kalliope!

I don't want to round or trim a deck. There are some decks one COULD get the image the same size, or close to it, it's the borders that take up a lot of space. Besides, I am getting arthritis in my hands and do TRIM 78 cards, not my thing. I just want to open a deck and be able to shuffle comfortably and still see the image.

I admit to not caring for minis, too hard to see the image well, but pocket size would be grand.

Morwenna

I know that sometimes with my Hanson-Roberts, I forget which version I'm holding! Because the standard is smaller than most other decks. So pocket-size doesn't affect the images at all for me.

If I could have all 3 of my old workhorse decks (H-R, M-G, Robin Wood) in pocket size, that would make a delightful traveling divination kit! And it looks like we're on the way, with M-G coming out.

greatdane

For me, personally, pocket decks are great

Like you said, they travel well, Morwenna!

I love that pocket decks don't really have to make the image much smaller at all. In the place of some decks, I think the image could be as big or at least really close to it. It's taking out what surrounds the images, keeping it borderless.

HERE'S TO MORE POCKET DECKS OF OUR FAVORITE DECKS! So, please, do threads, dear gentle AT folk, email publishers and encourage the rest of us to as well and I bet we can get more pocket decks or decks we want made, made.