the starchild tarot

Unicorn Bacon

Hmm. Sounds a bit like you might be a synesthete. I have a couple types of synesthesia. Not sure if everyone drawn to this kind of thing has it, but it might be worth looking into (if you haven't). Could be some food for thought, at least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Is it the seven of crystals? I think that might be sacred geometry rather the chakra symbols (the latter of which are in the deck, I think. Just don't remember which cards offa the top of my head). A couple of them remind me of pentacles from the Key of Solomon and another reminds me of the Flower of Life, but I'm not yet sure if the symbols are supposed to be that exact.

No worries! I'm not frustrated. :)

kp.

yes, it was the seven of crystals. my tarot teacher and i both thought they were chakras.

and that condition sounds fun. i wish i saw colors with numbers and letters, that would be amazing.

i studied architecture in school so design concepts really stick out to me. in our projects every single decision we made had to relate back to our concept. pretty rigorous stuff. my tarot teacher recommended i design my own deck since i have such a relentless eye for detail and consistency.

MaryHeather

and that condition sounds fun. i wish i saw colors with numbers and letters, that would be amazing.

It's not. Imagine standing in line at the grocery store, and in front of you is that annoying kid that just keeps "MomMom!Mom!MOM!" Over and over until you want to jam a pencil in your ear.

That's what the wrong shade of orange sounds like. And there are colors that are worse.

kp.

It's not. Imagine standing in line at the grocery store, and in front of you is that annoying kid that just keeps "MomMom!Mom!MOM!" Over and over until you want to jam a pencil in your ear.

That's what the wrong shade of orange sounds like. And there are colors that are worse.

yikes! my sympathies!!! i work in a restaurant so i see some pretty gnarly kid situations. thankful they're not enhanced with color too.

Myrrha

What a stunning deck. Looks like more of an emotional tarot than an intellectual one, the most specific meanings in readings might depend on what reveries and feelings the images inspire in you.
I've been noticing lately how crochet motifs have a kind of crystaline structure to them so I really love how she made the sacred geometry symbols on the backs look like lace.

It looks like she has started another one that is more RWS compliant:
The Moonchild Tarot, lovely with a kind of Stevie Nicks vibe.
http://www.starseedtravels.com/moonchild.html

MoonGypsy

What a stunning deck. Looks like more of an emotional tarot than an intellectual one, the most specific meanings in readings might depend on what reveries and feelings the images inspire in you.
I've been noticing lately how crochet motifs have a kind of crystaline structure to them so I really love how she made the sacred geometry symbols on the backs look like lace.

i like the look of the Moonchild!....and...
"Kind of a Stevie Nicks vibe" made me smile...

My sister in law used to describe me as "Stevie Nicks meets Ann Rice" ...:p

Myrrha

i like the look of the Moonchild!....and...
"Kind of a Stevie Nicks vibe" made me smile.

My sister in law used to describe me as "Stevie Nicks meets Ann Rice" ...:p

Wow -- what a fabulous compliment!
In an interview the artist describes the Moonchild deck as an oracle but it looked like a tarot in the pictures.

MoonGypsy

Wow -- what a fabulous compliment!

:D...yeah...but it was also 20 years ago...:p i have to admit, i really
took it as a great compliment, though...that is why i still remember it.;)

kp.

total stevie nicks vibe!! i do love her :)

i think i'm struggling b/c i am so new, and still trying to know what cards mean in the conventional sense. i do love them though!!

illyria

I just noticed a lovely quirk in this deck. The title in the Eight of Swords card is the only one that's not black in color.