Mythology Tarot?

hedface

Welcome to Aeclectic, hedface!

As this is the Tarot Decks forum, you would need to start a similar thread over in the Oracles forum to discuss those. I'm not sure why there isn't a more inclusive Mythology or Deities category, but there's a Goddess section over in the other side of Aeclectic. Two of the other decks I was thinking of have been folded into the Masculine category. If you're looking for a specific culture's deities, you might check the Tarot Decks by Theme list to see if it's there. Many of the decks have links to reviews by Aeclectic members.

Good luck on your search!

Rodney
Thank you so much! All of these replies have been very helpful, and have narrowed down significantly what I was looking for. I appreciate it very much!

garmonbozia

If you can find one for a decent price, I recommend Amerigo Folchi's Il Tarocco Mitologico published by Italcards.

rachelcat

My favorite is the Dark Goddess (it's/they're really not all that dark . . .). And I second the Sol Invictus.

I'm partial to these because they have one god or goddess per card, majors and minors. Another is the Universal Goddess. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-goddess/

As far as I know, the Sol Invictus is unique: the only deck with just gods!

Aeric

I highly suggest the Tarot of the Sacred Feminine, in my opinion one of the best goddess myth decks currently on the market. It brings in stories from Classical myth, Egypt, Celtic, Persian, Norse, and Abrahamic traditions with excellent artwork.

It is excellent for studying the role of goddesses and women in general in mythology.

AJ

Celtic Wisdom Tarot, Caitlin Matthews

Madrigal

I highly suggest the Tarot of the Sacred Feminine, in my opinion one of the best goddess myth decks currently on the market. It brings in stories from Classical myth, Egypt, Celtic, Persian, Norse, and Abrahamic traditions with excellent artwork.

It is excellent for studying the role of goddesses and women in general in mythology.

Could you elaborate? I'm drawn to the images but the reviews are mixed.

Aeric

I ended up doing a search and was directed to those threads. Great review and thoughts. I'm still on the fence about it though for reasons I can't quite put my finger on--it feels like there's a slightly shadowy vibe to it.
I didn't get a shadowy vibe, although the deck is very austere in its presentation. There are a few tender images with infants, but by and large there is no mirth or lighter moments. Nobody is smiling; all the women are very straight-faced and solemn. It implores you to take it seriously.