The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck Parts I, II & III

gregory

Should cups be cheeses in this deck ??

(cat among the mousies here...)

Jyscal

Feretian said:
Five of cups! I don't know the astrological bits, so it's good to see the Scorpio reference. Two wholes (cheeses) at the top, their pieces below...I get the scales ref, but is that a lantern on the left? Fine start, Jyscal!
thanks feretian! Yeah its a lantern. Its just something to show that although things seem bleak, there is a light at the end. I have'nt done much drawing in the past lol!

Jyscal

gregory said:
Should cups be cheeses in this deck ??
(cat among the mousies here...)
LOL! Dont you like the cheeses?:) but your right, if it clashes with the rest of the cups ill have to change it back. Just an idea!

Feretian

There's no set symbol for the suits.

One of my "cups" is a milkweed seed, and my "wands" are pretzel sticks.

Doesn't matter...but the card should convey a meaning, not just be a mouse picture.

(ferret among the wildlife here...)

gregory

No worries. I was just being vile. What else did you expect ??? })

All Is One

**feet tappity tap tapping**

I'm waiting for the next tutorial. I seem to be addicted. No...I can't follow the instructions, but that never stopped me from trying to play Scrabble either. I so totally can't play Scrabble. I have degrees in the English language and Scrabble is simply beyond me. (This is something quite serious in a Scrabble playing family.)

Jyscal, I love your card. I love the astrological symbols, the border, the cups as cheeses.

I have the three of cups. I was just gonna draw three drunken mice with huge tankards of ale. But your card has gotten me thinking. Thimbles?

Remember "The Borrowers?" They used small household stuff in creative ways. I think they moved into a mouse hole in "The Borrowers Afield" (I was obsessed with those books as a kid.)

I'm giving consideration to the thimble idea. How to draw it without making it look like a bucket full of holes?

gregory

All Is One said:
Remember "The Borrowers?" They used small household stuff in creative ways. I think they moved into a mouse hole in "The Borrowers Afield" (I was obsessed with those books as a kid.)

I'm giving consideration to the thimble idea. How to draw it without making it look like a bucket full of holes?
I love the Borrowers !

Also the screen version with Ian Holm as Mr Pod....

Just have the thimble WITHOUT little dents. Not all do !

lark

Yes..and you could have the three mice sitting on a pin cushion (that way there is no mistaking they are holding thimbles) holding their little thimbles up over their little mice heads in celebration!!!

edit: or maybe they could just be lounging around on a pincushion smoking a 3 pipe hookah... skip the thimbles...this idea comes directly from the mice...

Netzach

All Is One said:

I think thimbles is a lovely idea. And it wouldn't look like a bucket with holes, firstly because it would have a broad plain band round the edge, secondly because the 'holes' would be regularly spaced, thirdly because it would have a rounded bottom & not a flat bottom, and fourthly because it wouldn't have a handle. Problem solved!