Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

jcwirish

Zan,

I think I'm winging it, but I'm having fun. Love the Golden and did my studying of the HP earlier in the week, but still need to post.

I've got two bags from Tarotmama coming my way as well. One of them is going to house my new VR that's coming next week. Hoping it won't interfere too much with my romance with the Golden, but I'm not making any promises.

sapienza

zan_chan said:
The only times I get a bit dejected is when I read literally any post by Scion-- makes me feel like a ten-year-old who told his father he wants to be an astronaut someday and gets sent to an advanced calculus class at MIT.
:laugh:
zan_chan said:
But anyway, I'm too wrapped-up in all I'm doing and, honestly, just having too much fun to care about, or have time for, any real sense of dejection. One month into this thing I can honestly say I expect many more anniversaries to come.
So pleased to hear you are doing so well. The Haindl has always been a deck that has intrigued me so I'm enjoying reading about your experiences with it. I think it's a perfect deck for an IDS, I think it really NEEDS an IDS to allow a connection to form. Sounds like you certainly have that connection now which is great.

rwcarter

Hemera said:
Posting new threads in the Study Group area is all very well but it´s not enough for intensive IDSing..
Take a look at what I did in the Ancient Egyptian Study Group. After I posted on all 78 cards, I also did both an Astrological Associations study and a Tarot Constellations study to explore interrelations between the cards.

Rodney

zan_chan

sapienza said:
So pleased to hear you are doing so well. The Haindl has always been a deck that has intrigued me so I'm enjoying reading about your experiences with it. I think it's a perfect deck for an IDS, I think it really NEEDS an IDS to allow a connection to form. Sounds like you certainly have that connection now which is great.

Thanks for the encouragement, Sapienza. I really have to agree about the Haindl needing an IDS. I truly can't imagine people doing a reading right out of the box and thinking, "Oh, Venus of Willendorf, of course!" I mean, I guess it's easy enough to look at a court like that and just see the queen of cups, but what a waste when Venus and friends have so much to offer.

It amazes me how quickly time can change your opinion of something. I think it's Le Fanu who always says that when you get a deck you think you don't like you should just put it on the shelf and eventually you'll see it differently. It's really so true-- when my (first) Haindl arrived I was so completely intimidated by it. Now, it's a close friend.

Man, I sound lonely. I swear I have real people friends too...

Hemera

rwcarter said:
Take a look at what I did in the Ancient Egyptian Study Group. After I posted on all 78 cards, I also did both an Astrological Associations study and a Tarot Constellations study to explore interrelations between the cards.

Rodney

Thank you Rodney,sounds interesting and I´ll go there right away:thumbsup:

zan_chan

Hi gang,

Just want to let you know that sign ups for next week's IDS exchange are here.

Hope I see your names on the list :)

-zan

emmsma

I think I'm hitting an odd bump in the road, here. The more I am reading, it seems, the less I know my cards. A month ago I could look at a card and have a pretty good idea what I was looking at. Now I have lots of conflicting - for me, anyway - info, so I look at a card and am confused.

I'm starting to question everything I thought before. I need to reevaluate just about everything and come to a new understanding for my cards all over again.

I'm feeling like I'm starting from scratch. I suppose when I'm done I will have a more solid feel for them now, but its an odd feeling to be so unsettled after so long.

Onyx

Hemera said:
I got an excellent idea from :love:Wendywu:love: to use Christine Jette´s Tarot Shadow Work book with my IDS deck. Thank you Wendywu:love:
I had forgotten about the book and I was just beginning to wonder what to do next with my IDS deck. Posting new threads in the Study Group area is all very well but it´s not enough for intensive IDSing..

I choose to work with the Liber T for the year and early last May I started through the Shadow Work book and it was the best thing I have ever done with tarot. Honestly, no exaggeration. I have worked pretty consistantly with it doing all the spread for all the cards and I am still not done! I had to take a break from it for a month or so to focus on applying to my life the things that it was showing me.

If anyone is up for it and ready to do the work (cause it is a lot of work, the hard emotional kind) then it may be just the thing that can help you connect with a deck.

I do wonder if some decks work better with it than others though. There is even a Study Group thread on the book.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1382835

Having posted once to the group back in June I think that once I am done with the whole thing I will be posting my journal entries. I have filled up pages and pages of my journal with this work and the other thoughts it made me think about both myself and tarot.

I am thinking about getting her Tarot for the Healing Heart in the new year and work with it to see if it is just as good.

Allan

KafkasGhost

emmsma said:
I think I'm hitting an odd bump in the road, here. The more I am reading, it seems, the less I know my cards. A month ago I could look at a card and have a pretty good idea what I was looking at. Now I have lots of conflicting - for me, anyway - info, so I look at a card and am confused.

I'm starting to question everything I thought before. I need to reevaluate just about everything and come to a new understanding for my cards all over again.

I'm feeling like I'm starting from scratch. I suppose when I'm done I will have a more solid feel for them now, but its an odd feeling to be so unsettled after so long.

What is the saying, learning is spirallic? No worries, you'll come back around to feeling more confident and sure again.

Wendywu

I agree about the Christine Jette - I worked my way through the Shadow Work book a couple of years ago and it was hugely valuable. Now, with the Ironwing, I think I could dig deeper into my psyche than I did last time (although at the time I thought I was mining down as far as I could go).

After the holidays I might get the Healing Heart book too - I've never looked at it and if it's as good as Shadow Work it will be very valuable.

Thanks for the idea Allan :)