Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

zan_chan

Bat Chicken-- Thanks for checking in. Hope all your personal stuff goes alright. Don't fall off that wagon too hard. William and Chesca will be very upset with you. The guy from the Greenwood backs will start chasing you with a pitchfork and Blake will start reciting poetry in your sleep, boring you into sleeplessness :)

Rodney-- Gosh, you keep very detailed records don't you? It is amazing how that happens though. In all the exchanges I've done with Hermann there are still a good few cards that have simply never come up. The Devil for one. In all this time, we've never met. Maybe that's for the best...

Wendywu

Still loving Ironwing but this week I am preparing a new set of offices ready to move our existing office into .... I am a bit busy (very british with the understatements today, I see).

I am going to be doing daily draws in the late afternoon and have precisely one reading schedule for the week :D It's only Tuesday and I am sooooooo tired. Worked like crazy yesterday and am already tired out. And last night I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for thinking about what needs doing.

My final decision was that I must spend at least an hour a day in the Spirit Room in quiet prayer - that will help a great deal. And I will start crocheting a new prayer blanket because that will make me sit quietly for a while each evening.

In and out - I shall study Ironwing which really never leaves me. Oh yes, I must get a couple of prints made from scans for the office walls :)

zan_chan

Gah! Wendy, I know exactly how you're feeling. If I may borrow your national sense for understatements for a moment, I had a bit of a long day today as well. Just finally home from a 14 hour work day and couldn't be happier about it being done with. Now I have camembert, kd lang, Hermann, and AT-- what more could I ask for?

Wouldn't you believe it? After what I posted earlier, I did a quick reading before a class began to ask for any advice with a troublesome group, and what card did I pull? One guess...

Always need the last laugh, don't you Hermann? })

Cat*

zan_chan said:
Now I have camembert, kd lang, Hermann, and AT-- what more could I ask for?
Oh, that does indeed sound nice! Can I come over and share kd and the cheese? I'll bring my own tarot and laptop, so you could have Hermann all for yourself, and we could post at the same time. :)

I've been busy with many other nice things this weekend: drawing my final two cards for the Nonny Deck, picking out feathers in exchange for Wendy's Northern Shadows deck, finally taking a walk in the snowy park for the first time this winter (I can't believe I didn't do this earlier! :bugeyed:), cooking and eating, re-watching animated films on DVD with my Beloved, having extended phone conversations with friends, finishing lots of little sewing projects, and designing the pattern for my drum bag.

In other words: my Greenwood hasn't seen any action for a while. No, I don't feel guilty about that. It's not like I've been wasting my time with stupid stuff (well, except the work I do for pay, but I'm afraid that's the way it is right now - and as I said, I do get paid for it).

But I can show you my new little bag for my new carry-around copy of the Greenwood. The fabrics are left-overs from my winter coat and the spreadcloth I made in exchange for Le Fanu's Albano Waite deck.

(Why is she trading for new decks, you ask? Because she never said she wouldn't, and because she likes trading. The new decks are checked for completeness and then go to wait with the rest of the collection until she's ready to pay them more attention. Just in case you were wondering. ;))

Attachments

• greenwood_bag.jpg
    greenwood_bag.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 70

carissimo

zan said:
If you'd like, I'll add you to the sign-up PM list, so you'll know by PM exactly where and when the next exchange will be
yes please! :) thank you zan! meanwhile i will have a look how that works ;)

Puh...I am done with exams! :) Now I am going to enjoy a normal life again for just 1 1/2 month. You know what was real funny and fitting in a way: I drew the 6 of swords this morning. Science - in the crowley tarot - how fitting! I had exams! I am of now to examinate my daily card a bit more and write my journal before I fall asleep... good night

zan_chan

Wow, Cat*, what a great bag. And is your homemade Greenwood a mini?!? <drool> zander waaaaant braiiiins...er, mini greeeenwood! Feel free to stop in for cheese and kd anytime. Mi casa es su casa, so to speak. Seriously. I would love visitors to Tokyo. I'm an awesome tour guide :)

Congrats on finishing your exams, Carissimo. Uncle Al is getting snarky with you already, huh? Watch out for that one... :D

In other news, I am totally exhausted thanks to a bizarre dream about being chased around a haunted house by Ciro Marchetti. Yeah, that's right.

But, and I don't know if its the weather or what, my Hermann is shuffling beautifully these past couple of days. So silky smooth. Each card a completely seperate entity from the others. If anyone out there had ever been wondering about Haindl editions, I have both the Belgian and the Italian, and I much prefer the Italian. It's like Le Fanu says about the Morgan Greer-- brighter colors really do make certain decks come alive.

Cat*

zan_chan said:
Wow, Cat*, what a great bag. And is your homemade Greenwood a mini?!? <drool> zander waaaaant braiiiins...er, mini greeeenwood! Feel free to stop in for cheese and kd anytime. Mi casa es su casa, so to speak. Seriously. I would love visitors to Tokyo. I'm an awesome tour guide :)
One of my homemade Greenwoods is a mini (read more here). :D

I don't doubt your tour guide talents, but I doubt that I'm going to spend my money on a journey to Tokyo anytime soon (if ever). So we'll just have to keep meeting here - unless you come over to Germany to visit Mr. Haindl and take a detour to my place, that is... ;)

victoria.star

Cat* said:
One of my homemade Greenwoods is a mini (read more here). :D
very beautiful, Cat*

ETA: Checking in for my IDS studies...I used dear Ironwing for the ISG Reading Exchange #50. Like everyone else, it seems, I have been busy. I hug her, though!!

Alamaris

I realized I'm going about this all wrong. Again.

I've got so deeply involved with STUDYING that I've completely overlooked the concept of READING. I'm at the point now where I just cannot get my brain to drag out of this fact-quagmire. "Well this symbol here means this and Harris said this about it in response to Crowley and the symbol originally meant ____ in this other GD text and..."

It's become obvious that I'm not in any way in the right mindset for serious work with this deck right now. Brain is all over the place and just will not cooperate, with school studies and all, especially now that this new project has cropped up and is spewing ideas every which way! I feel awful about failing yet another IDS, but I take consolation in the fact that I am learning what and what not to do about these kind of things... albeit slowly. Don't judge me too harshly! :|

I'm out for now.

But I WILL be back.