Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

Wendywu

thorhammer said:
Just relate the discussion to how you're living with Hermann and we're all good :p...... Maybe Hermann wants you to be healthy? :)\m/ Kat

Yep - that way you'll have years and years of studying together :)

zan_chan

Wendywu said:
Yep - that way you'll have years and years of studying together :)

Mmm that brings back my Twilight Zone locked in a vault fantasy. How I'd love years and years to do nothing but study Hermann (and my other decks, too, if I had THAT much free time :D ).

Anyway, I'm perfectly healthy. Had just gotten a bit plump (in the area of a 15 kg gain! :horror: ) recently, and my body really likes being lanky, so once I decide to diet and exercise more, the weight just falls off.

Still doesn't answer what the connection between my dream (in which I was interviewing Hermann in a NY diner) and my leg cramp was/is.

Perhaps when I get home later, I'll do a reading on the topic (or perhaps even attempt journeying if my mind is in a clear enough place...)

Bat Chicken

zan_chan said:
Anyway, I'm perfectly healthy. Had just gotten a bit plump (in the area of a 15 kg gain! :horror: ) recently, and my body really likes being lanky, so once I decide to diet and exercise more, the weight just falls off.
I wish... *sigh* :)

I had a routine colonoscopy this week which I assure you is not the most pleasant experience but on the whole not as bad as some people think. LOL! However, I had a bit of minor bleeding which caused a scare until it was discovered that it had resolved itself. We then received some stressful news and neither of us were able to sleep last night. It is difficult to say whether it is as serious as we were led to believe, so I am hoping it resolves itself as well. I am a bit on edge... :bugeyed: There is more but I am quickly realizing it's time to put a few things in the bulls*** file and not waste my time with it. Not worth it! Sorry for the melodrama yesterday! It is a genetic gift... :D

But I am looking forward to a hot shower (OK not too hot) and the rest of the day with Mr. Blake and a bit of Greenwood. See you around the Study Group forum later today! :D

**I should add that I made a shocking acquisition this week... the Celtic Book of the Dead... OK I feel a little guilty... but it is relevant, sort of??

Wendywu

Nooooo - no guilt!! Excellent and worthwhile purchase :)

I bought the Book of Kaos today and am happy about it - when it comes I shall have a look through the cards (gotta check them!!!) and then I shall put it safely on a shelf to make friends with the others. But no guilt.

Sorry things aren't easy BC - I hope that the stress eases off for you.

Bat Chicken

Thanks Wendy... I think of it as more a question of learning to cope with it until it is resolved. This too shall pass.

As for more cards.. that Shaman's Oracle is also calling. Fortunately it has not yet been released in Canada!

Wendywu

Yeah - I have that on pre-order and am looking forward to it. I like John Matthew's work - did you read his book on Taliesin? Really made him come alive for me.

Yay - for the first time in weeks my assorted physical disasters receded enough for me to be able to read my cards. I'm so pleased. Mind you - we've worked so hard at getting the carb/insulin balance right this week. So annoying - months of almost perfect balance and then because my other medications changed my sugar balances are shot!

It was such a pleasure to read with my deck :)

And I am nearly finished with a card study. I am hoping to get it finished tomorrow - I had thought it would be today but we had a terrible night with a very poorly dog and I don't have the mental oomph to handle it.

Not to worry - things are finally looking up :laugh:

zan_chan

Just had to say somewhere that Nut, Mother of Swords has come up in my daily three-card reading everyday for the past 7. Thoughts?

ncefafn

zan_chan said:
Just had to say somewhere that Nut, Mother of Swords has come up in my daily three-card reading everyday for the past 7. Thoughts?

What do you think it means? I mean, I could expound on the Queen of Swords from the BG tarot for a paragraph or two, but I don't know the Haindl.

thorhammer

And I could expound on Nut/Nuit :D but I don't know that that would mean much either. As past, I'd suggest it could be showing that you're moving from a position of non-specific awareness to a more focussed point of attention.

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

I'm really not completely sure what she's trying to relate. I use Kat's 3-card daily spread (wonderful spread, btw!) and 6 out of 7 times, she's come up in the 3rd, what to take with you into tomorrow, position. I get such a great feeling of strength from the card image. But also a Hermit-like quality of independence and the toughness that comes from being on one's own.

But at the same time, I try to interpret her differently each day based on what comes up around her.

Anyway, I'm just reaching my train station, so must run, but plenty to think about. Thanks for helping :)