The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

Myrrha

I am thinking maybe I will use the Deviant Moon rather than the Legacy of the Divine. The reason is that I find the Legacy so easy to read with. It doesn't really need a lot of work to get to know. The Deviant Moon seems like it will be harder to get to know. On the other hand, I was thinking about making elemental dignities part of my work with the Legacy and that is something I will need to work with over time to get a handle on. Also, I'm not sure the Deviant Moon could ever be as trusted a deck as the Legacy is for those important, serious readings.

So for now I am still undecided. Could I do both, or is that not a PDR?

strings of life

^ I am the same way. I love to comment when I can (and would love to do it more; its a goal!), but I tend to read RSS via my iPhone on the go. I have a long commute to and from work.

The Robin Wood is on its way to me and I'm excited to see it. I have been on the fence with it since some of the images are a bit to blonde and happy for me, but it has grown on me. It looks like a wonderfully intuitive deck. I'm interested in reading how it reads for you.

strings of life

Myrrha said:
I am thinking maybe I will use the Deviant Moon rather than the Legacy of the Divine. The reason is that I find the Legacy so easy to read with. It doesn't really need a lot of work to get to know. The Deviant Moon seems like it will be harder to get to know. On the other hand, I was thinking about making elemental dignities part of my work with the Legacy and that is something I will need to work with over time to get a handle on. Also, I'm not sure the Deviant Moon could ever be as trusted a deck as the Legacy is for those important, serious readings.

So for now I am still undecided. Could I do both, or is that not a PDR?
You could select one for the PDR, but also study the other deck as well. I view a PDR as a way to focus on one deck and post my experiences with it for the sake of the community aspects and support here. But, I will still be doing my daily draws with my Morgan-Greer (and other decks too).

Just a thought. A PDR can be a flexible way to commit to a deck.

danny.mac85

If I am not to Late???

I would love to join with the Legacy of the Divine if I can. I need to commit to using this deck as I have been waffling about it for some time. I find it a tad difficult to read with at the moment but I really love it so I want to be able to read with it. Is that allright?

strings of life

Okay. Intense PDR venting coming on.

Earlier today, I used a formula to figure out what my yearly forecast would be based on my birthday (month + day + this year). I got number 5. Then, I did a draw using Majors only to find out what my yearly focus card would be; I used the Victorian Romantic (my PDR deck) and knew I would pull the same card from the Bohemian Gothic (my shadow PDR deck).

I pulled The Hierophant...key 5 as you know in the Major Arcana. Synchronicity. My, oh my...

I posted an entry on my blog (my first PDR post). In summary, order and new experiences will be key this year, but if I go too far of the beaten path, I'll have to remember to pull the reigns in and balance.

souljourney

Guess this was the sign up thread...

Oooops!

I'm in...

Visit my blog (click website below) and help decide which deck to use... choices are Fey, ToD, and Legacy...

Onyx

danny.mac85 said:
I would love to join with the Legacy of the Divine if I can. I need to commit to using this deck as I have been waffling about it for some time. I find it a tad difficult to read with at the moment but I really love it so I want to be able to read with it. Is that allright?

Nope, not too late! Welcome, I have added you to the list.

souljourney said:
Guess this was the sign up thread...

Oooops!

I'm in...

Visit my blog (click website below) and help decide which deck to use... choices are Fey, ToD, and Legacy...

No problem . . . I read both threads and so I added you last night. I also voted in your poll!

Allan

Onyx

Yeah! A Deck has been choosen!

Hello, I am happy to repor that I have finally choosen my PDR deck. It was filed under the heading "Duh, why didn't I think of it sooner?".

I decided to change and well . . . not change. Instead of the Liber T I am going to work with the Crowely Thoth tarot for a while. I think that working with the source deck for a while will in the end help me to better understand the Liber T deck and give me a chance to take a break from it.

I have posted on my blog about the choice and adapted my color scheme to be more fitting with the Crowley VIII -- Adjustment card which is my card for the year.

Glad to have that done! Now I just need to go change my status on the sign up thread.

CathS

Oh dear, Twoflower kindly pointed out that I'd managed to effectively prevent folks from commenting on my blog. It's all fixed now. :)

inanna_tarot

so exciting reading about everyones experiences so far :D