Doreen Virtue's Conversion

greatdane

I think that's it, Moon Gypsy

It isn't that her path may have changed or evolved, hey, her right, it's what the HECK is her path and how does that affect what she now puts out, or wants out there, as her brand. And she IS a BRAND. Heck, she has her own section in Tarot Cards and Reviews.

Padma

But not all the rumors that are going around are true, i don't think. A bit of embellishment here and there.
i wish Ms.Virtue would do another Video clarifying her conversion and beliefs.

Thanks for answering, MoonGypsy :) I too think that a clear and straight forward vid from her might help. Perhaps Hay House prevented her from releasing the messages, as it is sure to impact sales. I can see how that might have happened.

AnemoneRosie

I'm confused. She got her information from demons? Why are the angels evil? Especially if she has converted to Christianity...? Aren't angels part of the Christian belief system? :confused:

I think I am glad I never got any of her decks (well - I did get the Goddess one, but gave it away). It sounds like she didn't really ever know what she was talking about.

This greatly confuses me too, what with catholicism and the angels and all that. Do American evangels distance themselves from other versions of christianity that much???

I have the Goddess one. I quite like it, actually. I find it helpful for clients who just want a straightforward affirmation.

greatdane

Well, and this could all be about publicity. A video comes out, is quickly taken down, lots of chatter and speculation, and yet....she remains silent about her new path.

Does this make sense if her new path was so important, she put up a vid and then takes it down? Why not just LEAVE it up or clarify her position? I don't believe she doesn't know about all the chatter. She is too aware of her brand.

But then look, she has gotten people like me to talk about her, even though I don't use her decks and, in the end, it won't matter to me at all. You can't pay for all the posts, blogs, etc, that the vid...and then taking it down...generated.

gregory

I don't think whatever has happened has got her many sales here })

greatdane

Those who love her will likely still love her, those who don't, won't. But I did see a post somewhere on AT about grab em while they're on sale, about some of decks that might be discontinued. And if she is expanding her market more into the Christian side, not saying not Christians here!, AT isn't exactly her only venue or fan base.

Whatever is happening, it is keeping people guessing....and DV being mentioned. I see a lot of positive posts on some of these current threads and people posting about buying her decks, or which they love, so....

gregory

Her TAROT decks? I know some people love her oracles and someone I care very much about found they brought her through some terrible times, so I will run with that. But her TAROT decks ? I have seen about TWO people post that they liked them. Hardly a ringing endorsement...

I don't actually care if people do buy them- though I hate the way they have taken over the mind/body/spirit area of so many stores. But they will never be tarot decks, no matter what she does.

greatdane

I said decks, Gregory. I mean any of them. My point is just that it is strange she puts something out and quickly takes it off and is now.....crickets.

And I agree. She is the only one here in AT tarot decks and reviews with her own listing. She is a brand.

My only point: Why is she doing this the way she's doing it? And why with all the hoopla is she being silent? It appears from what is coming out, or has just come out, more Jesus centric and the upcoming Cat Tarot, she may be trying to keep her current market, which could be a mix of many types of people, but also branch out to include more about Jesus and get people more interested in just Christian aspects. THAT is what this appears to be looking at her most current and upcoming decks, a bit of everything. So, whether this succeeds or fails, this does seem to have a marketing angle. All I'm saying.

gregory

I know you said "decks". But I would like to know who here actually likes her TAROT decks ? (It's an Animals one coming out in October, by the way... not just cats. The cats of the world are pleased it isn't ONLY them }))

greatdane

Well, I'm NOT raising my hand for that deck, Gregory. I am not a fan, nothing against any of her decks, tarot, oracle or whatever, or those who like them, but let's just say she and I have different perspectives... Thanks for the clarification, Gregory, I thought, CAT TAROT, would be, well, just cats. Silly moi.