Duck Soup Decks

Freder

All the basic cards and the alternate backs are now done, so there's quite a lot to see at

http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com/p/tinkers-damn-lenormand.html

What ISN'T done are the alternate and additional cards. This will bring it up to a 54-card deck, and the only reason I'm adding on that many is because you're paying for that many cards whether your deck is 40 cards or 54. I've had several people ask for alternates, so as long as I'm making those available, I might as well provide as many additional flairs as I can. If nothing else you can use 'em for bookmarks!

And yes, if you only want a traditional 36-card Lenormand, I'm making the deck available that way as well -- you don't have to get ANY extra cards if you don't want them.

Thanks!

DT

jcwirish

I haven't posted on AT in ages. I haven't bought a deck I was really excited about in ages either, but then... the Zirkus Magi came into my life and I'm completely in love with tarot once again!

This deck just knocked me off my feet from the first moment I got it into my hands. The colors are rich and vivid. The vintage circus imagery pulls you into a strange and wondrous world that is mysterious and fun and just creepy enough to be interesting without being too dark or off putting. I love the size of the cards and the card stock as well. This deck is deep, yet easy to read. I just love this deck! It feels like each character has a great story they're dying to tell you, and all you need to do is step into the world of the cards and you'll hear the calliope music playing and smell the buttery popcorn on the breeze. I can't imagine ever getting tired of gazing at these beautiful cards!

The only problem I have now is that those darn Brownies are calling to me, and I'm gonna have to save my pennies so I can get my hands on that oracle deck sooner than later. :(

All the Duck Soup decks are pretty special. I can't wait to see what comes next!

Freder

The Latest Poop

I don't seem to have posted it here yet -- but TINKER'S DAMN LENORMAND is out now, released last week, along with the new Zirkus Magi "Distressed" Edition.

I'm closing in on fifty cards completed for The Arthur Rackham Oracle. Other projects move forward at a pace, but the Rackham has been my main focus recently and I hope to have the deck available before Halloween. You can see LOTS of the images right now at the Playroom Oracles section of the site.

I've also begun my next full, personal Tarot project. I expect that this will carry me through the whole winter. No details posted on the site yet, but I hop to be able to announce something soonish.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com
www.ducksoup.me

stellar4

Lots going on as usual Freder, I dont know how you keep up such a pace! Very glad that you do though, its always an event when you bring out a new deck.
Really, really looking forward to the Rackham, but I also want the Roadshow version of the Zircus Magi (and those extra cards you mentioned a while back) and now there is the prospect of a new tarot coming up.... Have mercy - how will my poor overworked Paypal cope with all of this?!
So come on then, you've told us about the Rackham but how about some sample cards to further whet our appetites? I'm dying to see this one.

ETA- Just found the Rackham card images and they are stunning, absolutely exquisite and looking like a very workable oracle. I love Rackham's art and to see those images worked so sympathetically and turned into such a beautiful divination tool... wow.
No doubt about it, I'm definitely buying this.

Freder

I've just completed "stage 1" of a complete re-design for the website. A big job! A lot of work goes in to making a website simple! It's been a process of finding workarounds for the limitations imposed by the host, while still trying to create something that's functional for more people and at least a little bit stylish.

At this point I can still go back to the old version if this proves unpopular. So (he says nervously) feedback is welcome.

Check it out: www.tarotbyducksoup.com

-- Stellar, as far as "keeping up a pace" goes... this is what I do to (hopefully one day -- not so far) make a living. When you work at something eight or ten hours a day, seven days a week, you can get a lot done! And a lot of what of got done "quickly" this year is a result of groundwork laid earlier.

But I'm about to slow down at least in terms of output. The upcoming Arthur Rackham Oracle will likely be my last full deck release of the year. I've begun my next "official" tarot deck, which is something that can't be rushed and which I expect to work on from Fall through at least Spring 2016, in tandem with a writing project that I owe it to myself to finish. Mme. Loviise's Oracle has been set aside for the moment, and I'm not much deeply emotionally invested in the illustrated Lombardy -- so that will happen when it happens. My sense is that any new releases between now and the end of the year will be limited to extension packs for two Zirkus decks (which I'm quite excited about) and possibly some non-deck projects. And there's always the Donkey Work like this business of re-imagining the website that needs to get done behind the scenes.

Fall and Winter are good times for Laying Groundwork; with any luck the winter months will allow me another seeming burst of activity next year!

Thanks, all, for your much-appreciated support!

DT

Nemia

The website looks nice! I like the links to deck close ups. They were a bit difficult to find before.

I must say, i LOVE your style.

Le Fanu

Love the new look - but it doesn't fit on my monitor - I have to scroll ever so slightly sideways to get everything in the screen. Must be my computer. And the hand offering the cards when you first go in, is at the bottom. I have to scroll down. First of all I just see a dark screen, after scrolling down, I see the cards.

My goodness I LOVE that Rackham Oracle. Please please please get it ready SOON! I need no longer be disppointed with the Rackham Ring Cycle tarot once this is out!

The Happy Squirrel

My goodness I LOVE that Rackham Oracle. Please please please get it ready SOON! I need no longer be disppointed with the Rackham Ring Cycle tarot once this is out!

I would like to second that :)

Padma

Rackham Oracle ASAP, please! :D I am all over that!

The Happy Squirrel

I've just completed "stage 1" of a complete re-design for the website. A big job! A lot of work goes in to making a website simple! It's been a process of finding workarounds for the limitations imposed by the host, while still trying to create something that's functional for more people and at least a little bit stylish.

At this point I can still go back to the old version if this proves unpopular. So (he says nervously) feedback is welcome.

Check it out: www.tarotbyducksoup.com

-- Stellar, as far as "keeping up a pace" goes... this is what I do to (hopefully one day -- not so far) make a living. When you work at something eight or ten hours a day, seven days a week, you can get a lot done! And a lot of what of got done "quickly" this year is a result of groundwork laid earlier.

But I'm about to slow down at least in terms of output. The upcoming Arthur Rackham Oracle will likely be my last full deck release of the year. I've begun my next "official" tarot deck, which is something that can't be rushed and which I expect to work on from Fall through at least Spring 2016, in tandem with a writing project that I owe it to myself to finish. Mme. Loviise's Oracle has been set aside for the moment, and I'm not much deeply emotionally invested in the illustrated Lombardy -- so that will happen when it happens. My sense is that any new releases between now and the end of the year will be limited to extension packs for two Zirkus decks (which I'm quite excited about) and possibly some non-deck projects. And there's always the Donkey Work like this business of re-imagining the website that needs to get done behind the scenes.

Fall and Winter are good times for Laying Groundwork; with any luck the winter months will allow me another seeming burst of activity next year!

Thanks, all, for your much-appreciated support!

DT

Some of us are very excited about your Rackham oracle deck and we are chatting about it in the following thread :)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=244701