Duck Soup Decks

Le Fanu

Thank you for your reply Freder. Your decks just seem to get better and better. You're really on a roll. Thank you so much for injecting these thrilling, unique decks into the tarot world! I really love your sense of aesthetic AND the themes.

When the Lombardy is ready, then I'll grab one - I am patient - it'll be worth the wait.

In the meantime there is the Rackham. It looks fantastic. I shall be ordering one (or two). You mention photographs - what I'm getting is groups scans. Did you take photos of them on the table? I can only see the group scans. On my phone I can magnify the image to see in more detail but on my laptop, I can't. But it's always good to have some surprises. I know I am going to love this deck. Your decks are so readable - I have the Golliwogs, Zirkus Magi and the Mr Punch. All three are so unique.

Freder

Thanks for the kind words!

I think most of he photos ended up in the "gallery" section of the deck's shopping cart listing. I took a few pictures but as I say I got really frustrated that they didn't do the printed deck justice in any way. So yes, most of the images on the site are small preview versions of the actual card art.

I'm not a good photographer and the only thing I have to take pictures with is my phone! I was so thrilled with how the deck turned out, and so disappointed in how the photos represented it. I may try again in different conditions.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think Rackham's art has ever looked better. This makes Schiffer's Rackham deck look pathetic by comparison.

Thanks for all your support!

DT

The Happy Squirrel

T

But I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think Rackham's art has ever looked better. This makes Schiffer's Rackham deck look pathetic by comparison.

Thanks for all your support!

DT

:D :D :D

The Happy Squirrel

You wouldn't have enough Dulac in your collection to make another wonderful deck I am wondering?

Freder

Ha, I wish! No, I don't have ANY Dulac.

I do have two volumes with Maxfield Parrish illustrations, and would love to do a Parrish oracle in future, but what I've got isn't nearly enough to fill out an oracle. Parrish wasn't as "giving" as Rackham -- you can count on a minimum of 12 color illustrations in a Rackham book vs. 8 in a Parrish. 16 - 18 cards do not an oracle deck make!

The Happy Squirrel

Indeed. Indeed. How about Dore? :D

Freder

TWO THINGS

Thing #1: At last, at last, the extended card pack for the Zirkus has a Real Name! I thought: we have the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana... what are we missing here? And so the title was born. It will be: ZIRKUS MÄGI: THE MIDWAY ARCANA!

(I'm still patting myself on the back for that one!)

Thing #2: A "Statement of Principles" of a sort... for people who have asked about meanings of my various oracle cards. At the blog: http://www.ducksoup.me/2015/11/whats-in-cards-you-you-are.html?spref=fb

Deaux

Freder, photography woes or not, I am drooling over the Rackham deck -- and several others! Your work is striking straight to the core of my addiction to vintage illustration work, not to mention fairy tales, carnivals, and... and *happy sigh* I'm not able to indulge my lust for new decks at the moment, but yours have just shot WAY up on my list. Beautiful work :)

McFaire

Thing #1: At last, at last, the extended card pack for the Zirkus has a Real Name! I thought: we have the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana... what are we missing here? And so the title was born. It will be: ZIRKUS MÄGI: THE MIDWAY ARCANA!

(I'm still patting myself on the back for that one!)

Doesn't it feel great when you come up with something so clever?! And that one is so perfectly satisfying!