Duck Soup Decks

Freder

New TAROT-SIZED Fortune Telling Playing Cards

My Zirkus Brand Fortune-Telling Playing Cards are now available in larger TAROT CARD SIZE. I guess this proves that I'm not into "mini" decks....

P.S. "Hey, Doug, isn't this the third new product you've launched in as many weeks?" "Why, yes, yes it is. Last week was the Majors for Tinker's Damn Tarot, and the week before that was 'Wise Sayings,' my new quotations deck. Thank you for asking!"

There's a lot going on:
www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Freder

Early this evening I completed the final card design for TINKER'S DAMN TAROT. Any time you finish a big job like this there's a sense of both relief and regret. And when you finish a tarot deck, you know that you've done a job of work.

I'm going to take a day or two away from it, then go through all the cards from top to bottom, review and refine, decide if I want to make any major or minor changes, etc,.

I have to make two sets of master PNG files, one each for the standard and jumbo size decks (the latter has a slightly different aspect ratio). That by itself shouldn't take long. I hope to be uploading the files and ordering up the proof copies by Sunday night.

Then it's just the long wait for the proofs to arrive. If all goes well, and no major changes are required, I expect to be offering the deck sometime in early May.

Most of the preview images are online at the site, but not all, and I'm deliberately not posting all of them right away. Although I feel like heading over there and at least filling out the court cards before I hang it up for the day.

Tired but happy.

As always, I am here: www.tarotbyducksoup.com and here: www.ducksoup.me

Freder

With the deck now completed I've started making some decisions about the release...

* The currently on-sale Majors-Only deck will only be available for the next ten days. Then it will be retired.

* Two Major cards, THE HIEROPHANT and THE SUN, have been significantly reworked / redesigned. The versions that are currently available in the limited Majors edition will be retired on May 2 when sales on this version of the deck close. You can see both the current and revised versions of these cards at the site. So if you like the original designs, you basically have ten days left to get them.

• A pack containing just the Minor Arcana will be available for a short time for anyone who bought the Majors and would like to make theirs into a full deck.

* I can't think of anything else to say except "Thank You."

DT

Freder

Tinker's Damn Tarot -- Full Deck

The full deck is completed. It's out. It's available now, in two sizes with your choice of 6 alternate backs @ no extra charge.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

I may now sleep for a week and a half.

Thanks, everyone for your support and encouragement.

Onward.

DT

Le Fanu

oh wow! What a deck. I shall be ordering! Love back E!

SharonRA

The back E tooled leather is my favourite too, it's quite beautiful. :)

Freder

TAROT OF THE ZIRKUS MÄGI: My latest inventory of the two First Edition decks reveals that just 45 copies (from 300 total) of the Majors pack remain, while just 90 (from 500) remain of the Full Deck.

Because we’ve passed these inventory milestones, the price of both packs will go up on June 1. You have been warned!!

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Michellehihi

The full deck is completed. It's out. It's available now, in two sizes with your choice of 6 alternate backs @ no extra charge.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

I may now sleep for a week and a half.

Thanks, everyone for your support and encouragement.

Onward.

DT

I have bought it and I would really like to know who is on each card. I mean I don't need to have a book with card meanings, but the real life person who appears on each card. It would be great. Or if you don't plan to make such a book, just the list of person. Just their names. I would then make my own research to find out who they were? This would be great and I thank you in advance!

Michellehihi

I'm totally in love with my standard Lombardy, too. Especially the super attractive Devil ;-)

I just bought a Lombardy deck from duck soup. One lovely AT member (I forgot who) had brought my attention to it. I am soooooo happy, it is exquisite, I love love love it! The card stock is a dream, the majors are so delicate! I think this could even be one of my five favorite decks!

SharonRA

I have bought it and I would really like to know who is on each card. I mean I don't need to have a book with card meanings, but the real life person who appears on each card. It would be great. Or if you don't plan to make such a book, just the list of person. Just their names. I would then make my own research to find out who they were? This would be great and I thank you in advance!

Yes, I would also love a list of names for who is on each card. That would be fantastic, Doug! Like Michellehihi, I'd just go research each name on my own. :)