Duck Soup Decks

wildchilde

I am in love with the Mr Punch deck! Guess I better start saving my pennies...this one is a must have!

Beautiful work!!

FLizarraga

Would it be possible to have a standard Lombardi printed on linen cardstock? I'm not a border person, so I prefer the art of the standard over the bordered one. It could be priced as an upgrade, I guess.

Le Fanu

LOVE your work. It looks to me like the non-bordered Lombardy has a sort of thin black border of sorts. Am I right in thinking that? It looks like it from the pictures.

Freder

FLizarraga -- I guess I don't see why not. Just have to set it up as an option in the shopping cart app... I'll try to get to it soon, but please forgive me if it doesn't happen right away; I'm just getting back to work after more than a week being taken up with Personal Stuff... still looking around in puzzlement and wondering where to begin...

Le Fanu, thank you very much! You're right, the borderless version does have black space around the cards, more on the sides than the top. The original cards are taller and skinnier than a standard modern deck; I didn't want to lose part of the image, so opted for the black as the least offensive (to me) framing device. The effect is as if the whole card is floating in black space.

Thanks, all, for your kind words and interest --

DT

FLizarraga

FLizarraga -- I guess I don't see why not. Just have to set it up as an option in the shopping cart app... I'll try to get to it soon, but please forgive me if it doesn't happen right away; I'm just getting back to work after more than a week being taken up with Personal Stuff... still looking around in puzzlement and wondering where to begin...

That would be lovely. :D

It's a WONDERFUL deck. Don't get me wrong, I think the new borders are splendid in their own right, but the image looks larger in the borderless version, as far as I can tell. With linen cardstock, that's an irresistible combination for me...

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, thank you very much! You're right, the borderless version does have black space around the cards, more on the sides than the top. The original cards are taller and skinnier than a standard modern deck; I didn't want to lose part of the image, so opted for the black as the least offensive (to me) framing device. The effect is as if the whole card is floating in black space.
Thank you. In that case I think I'd go for the one which has an added border. That doesn't have the thin black border, right?

Such treasures. I'd love to do an order but - oh my goodness - Customs! Last time I had a nasty surcharge...

Is the Punch deck actually shipping and up for sale now?

Freder

That's right, no black space in the bordered version... I did it specifically so that it would fill a modern card shape. FLizarrago, the sizing of the images is mostly identical, but of course the bordered version is just that much less authentic than the non-bordered version. The "illuminated" version coming later this year won't be authentic at all, practically a Lombardy in (misspelled) name only!

Le Fanu, yes, Mister Punch is up and running! My sense is that the first decks are just now reaching their homes, so for that reason I haven't had any reaction to it yet. -- At least, I hope that's the reason!

I wonder, does the country of origin make any difference in the customs fees you get hit with? All of my newest decks -- the Lombardy and Punch and the Zirkus Lenormand and Roadshow Edition -- ship from outside the U.S. This may not make any difference at all in customs fees, though... I certainly don't know.

As long as I'm here, I might as well mention that a new tier of deck images has gone up at www.tarotbyducksoup.com, teasing three new projects for the latter part of 2015. Okay, one of them isn't so new.

Thanks, everyone!

DT

prudence

Freder, I almost wish you'd slow down somewhat in creating all of these awesome decks because I can't afford all of them, yet I am pretty sure I NEED all of them.

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, yes, Mister Punch is up and running! My sense is that the first decks are just now reaching their homes, so for that reason I haven't had any reaction to it yet. -- At least, I hope that's the reason!

I wonder, does the country of origin make any difference in the customs fees you get hit with? All of my newest decks -- the Lombardy and Punch and the Zirkus Lenormand and Roadshow Edition -- ship from outside the U.S. This may not make any difference at all in customs fees, though... I certainly don't know.
Yes, that makes a huge difference! May I ask where they ship from (or you can tell me in a pm) ? It's when they come from the U.S that I tend to get charged. Within Europe is no hassle. I'd love to order some...