Duck Soup Decks

Regina L.

So I know one upcoming deck is the Tinker's Damn Lenormand--what are the other two?

PS Will being buying lots from you as soon as I save enough dinero. . .

Freder

This month -- The Brownies Oracle, AND Mister Punch's Tragically Comic or Comically Tragic Tarot Book.

Next month (with any luck) -- Tinker's Damn Lenormand. I know that some folks won't like this deck, will think that it's too "crowded" or "busy" ... this is part of why it's named what it's named... as in "I don't give a..." I'm making a deck that _I_ like, and damn the torpedoes! It has a very antiquated, "asse,bled from spare parts" look about it, hence the "tinker."

October (with any luck) -- Mme. Loviise's Scorned Oracle. This is actually a two-deck project. It has a fiction wrapped around it, and is loosely connected to the whole Zirkus universe.

December (one hopes) -- the "illuminated" edition of IL LOMBARDI DANNEGIATTO, with illustrated minors and a few different majors. Any semblance of authenticity will be Gone With The Wind in this edition...

... and I have more in the works. The illuminated Lombardi may be delayed if I'm having more fun working on a couple of other things that I can't talk about yet.

Thanks for asking!!

DT

Sar

Looking forward to the Lenormand.

Regina L.

I have to ask, in light of your nom de plume: have you considered doing an art deco/steampunk deck in the style of Lang's Metropolis? I think you would do a marvelous job!

Freder

What you speak of is very much a possibility. Not a Steampunk deck, as there are already three "official" Steampunk tarots. Two of which I like very much. (Yes, I buy other people's decks and have experienced the same quandary of "too many great decks out there -- too little money!!")

But yes -- a nice crisp deco-looking deck on a science-fictional theme.... it would be a challenge and I like those kind of challenges!

I have at least two more full tarot decks in me... one of them already has a name and theme and is well along in the "thinking" stage, and I could start it at any time. I just have ... about five other projects in line ahead of it!

Thanks for the suggestion! One more project to think of, and I'm happiest when following where ideas lead....

Best;

DT

Freder

All the Mickey Mouses are photographs of vintage items that exist in the real world and in fact are part of a personal collection. I see no difference between this and the same items appearing in a book of vintage Disneyana collectibles, which happens all the time. The Lily is art created using a celebrity model. I see celebrity faces turning up in art all the time (Andy Warhol, anyone?) In the unlikely event that Godcorp notices and objects, it can easy be changed, but for now I stand on principle and president.

The Happy Squirrel

[emoji106]🏼

The Happy Squirrel

I don't usually like crowded Lenormand but I like this one!!