Seven (7) of Pentacles

GoddessArtemis

Can we discuss this card? I already have a hard enough time with this card, regardless of deck, but in the Gilded, I'm not sure how to look at it.

The woman in the photo is standing by the tree, basket in hand. There's a ladder leaning against the tree, showing that the woman is getting ready to gather some "fruits" from the tree. The season looks like Spring/Summer, the grass is green, and the sheep are wandering around. There's also a squirrel on top of a pentacle on the tree.

Is the woman getting ready to gather pentacles? Is she still waiting a bit? What is she looking at/towards? Is this still a card about pausing/assessing?

What's the significance of this card in a reading?

GA

Attachments

• Gilded-7Pentacles.jpg
    Gilded-7Pentacles.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 515

archer1

I think this card and the RW card say the same thing they are both showing someone who is wondering if all the effort wasn't wasted....

The crowned one

7's can be seen as a completion of a phase so this card would mean time to deliberate or take stock in some situations, in others it might be pausing to appreciate the fruits of our labour or checking our progress.

annik

I agree. But the woman also seems to know she is near the end of the project and may conptemplating her efforts.

ana luisa

In the gilded, it sure looks as if the lady is ready to harvest but I find her basket a bit too small for that... Don´t know. This card always gives me the feeling that it was initially what you wanted but now, you´re not so sure... Check the same card in this deck (Cosmic):

http://trionfi.com/O/i/c/ALL-78/

It does change the perspective, doesn´t it?

GoddessArtemis

ana luisa said:
In the gilded, it sure looks as if the lady is ready to harvest but I find her basket a bit too small for that...
I can't imagine she could carry a basket big enough for those pentacles, ana luisa. She'd have to drive up with a truck for that! :p

I'm still not getting what the card means in readings, beyond the basic LWB meaning of the card. Isn't there a different interpretation of the card per the Gilded representation, beyond the RWS?

GA

EarthFaery

I see this card to mean important work decisions, wieghing up the pros and cons and deciding on what would be the most beneficial.

tantricknite

some possible interpetations.

In the Rider-Waite deck we see a fellow leaning on his hoe with this dreamy unconnected look on his face.Befor him is his harvest ripe and ready and falling on the ground.And yet he does nothing.Here we have a completed cycle with blessing and abundance and yet he has not taken the steps to act upon his good fortune.Maybe he's stuck.Maybe its indecision.Maybe its some people who work there whole lives yet never enjoy there profits.If you don't use or invest the fruits of your labor then you will loose them.
In the guilded tarot we see a simaler picture. All the tools we need are rite there for us to collect our harvest.We just need to do it.If we don't the squirle in the top of the tree will steal out harvest from us.And what do the sheep in the field symbolize? Sacrifice ?We have to sacrifice our own time to make things happen and if we don't we"ll "sacrfice" our blessing to someone who will......

GoddessArtemis

So would the 7 of Pentalces mean a time of indecision? The woman is waiting for something, though it's unclear why she's not climbing the ladder to collect the fruits of her labor. Is she waiting for a better time? Is she hoping the pentacles will fall off on their own and she won't have to put in the final efforts to climb the ladder? Or is she simply waiting for the 'right' time, for the 'fruits' to fully ripen?

I hadn't thought about the squirrel as possibly taking the pentacles away. That's interesting. I had also thought of the sheep, the squirrel, and the scenery as reminiscent of Spring/Summer. Maybe she's waiting for harvest time, though just looking at the card alone, that's not very clear to me.

GA