Lenormand noob! - Ok beginner deck?

greenthing

Hey guys!

SO, I just bought my first legitimate (or at least I'm hoping!) Lenormand deck! As a Tarot learner, I was browsing Amazon one lovely night and stumbled across the Gypsy Witch deck (which, I know, is pretty awful as said by Lenormand enthusiasts) but it interested me and for seven bucks? Had to get it. So I guess you could say that was my first exposure to the Lenormand universe, and upon further investigation I found that I'm actually super interested in the art of it! So I put my Gypsy Witch deck on the back burner and bought the Wahrsagekarten deck:

(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lrx-Px6BL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg)

Is this a solid beginner deck? Has Gypsy Witch ruined me?!

Sunara

Hello Greenthing,

Welcome to the world of Lenormand! I cannot comment on the Gypsy Witch cards as I have never used them.

I think you made a great choice with the Wahrsagekarten. It's a good size and images are clear, you also have the inserts should you wish to incorporate those into your readings.

My first deck was the Mystical Lenormand by Regula Elizabeth Fiechter and it's still my 'go to' deck. I really like the vibrancy and simplicity of the images.

S :)

Sharla

Gypsy witch deck i have its similar to the Lenormand deck and you can use as a lenormand deck taking away a few cards.

I started with the Under the roses lenormand Deck which i still use now. Really lovely deck, easy to shuffle and really lovely pictures that you can see clearly.

greenthing

Sharla!

Hello again!

Yeah, I saw that deck on Amazon and I allllllmost got it. Almost. It looked really nice and I did put it on my wish list, so I have it saved for sure haha. I'm thinking once I feel things out a little more, I'm definitely going to be interested in buying more decks.

greenthing

Sunara,

I'm very interested in buying more decks once I figure this method out. Sharla helped me out with a tarot question, so I'm figuring Sharla is both a Lenormand and tarot reader, but do you use both, Sunara? And a question for both of you, which do you prefer?

I think I might be leaning more towards Lenormand because it seems pretty cut and dry. What the cards say is what they say, right?

Sharla

Sunara,

I'm very interested in buying more decks once I figure this method out. Sharla helped me out with a tarot question, so I'm figuring Sharla is both a Lenormand and tarot reader, but do you use both, Sunara? And a question for both of you, which do you prefer?

I think I might be leaning more towards Lenormand because it seems pretty cut and dry. What the cards say is what they say, right?

Ha Ha I fell in love with Lenormand after Tarot because its really "cut and dry" as you say, it just says it as it is which is so much like myself, i cant be bothered with all that fluffy duffy stuff sometimes i just want a clean straight answer, which Lenormand most definitely gives and sometimes with a cheeky twist.

I think Tarot its best for deep answers like someones feelings and any inner work you need to do on yourself etc which i feel Tarot answers beautifully. Lenormand for me is more for general querys that just scratch the surface...but they way they can pin point things is amazing.

Like why has my guy not called me ? Ship + tower + night = Hes been working late he's on his way home now.....calm down already !! :D

3ill.yazi

That's my first deck, too.

I think it's a fine deck. One thing that might bother some, not sure, is that the Clouds in this deck are in opposite directions from the way they are often portrayed on other decks.

I think that's the case.

Sunara

Sunara,

I used to use Tarot but never quite grasped it. I do prefer the Lenormand for the same reasons as Sharla, they are so much more direct.