Lenormand Trouble Cards

MsAnon

Is there a card that you have difficulty distinguishing, or one that you had difficulty with in your starter days?
If you have been able to get over that slight hump, what helped?
If you see a card posted and have insights, please share.

pickled pixie

Mine is both the moon and stars, whenever I see them in a reading I'm totally flummoxed.I really tried to get a grasp on these dang cards but no luck so far. šŸ˜£

ana luisa

Definitely, the Garden. If I could, I would not use it in my readings.

Sharla

Mines Snake, Moon, stars.

I always used to see snake as trouble or the other woman, or things not being straight forward etc and even a female rival someone who is jealous....until just recently ive realized the snake in certain readings i was doing was myself hiding away from reality, so now this is another interpretation i use for snake hiding, or things hidden.

Topaz71

The lily and the moon. When the lily shows up, it never seems to make sense.

Aster Breo

The lily and the moon. When the lily shows up, it never seems to make sense.

I've recently started seeing the Lily as "be patient; it's going to take a while." When I realized that, it sort of clicked for me.

My biggest trouble card is the Fox. It's come up numerous times in situations where "cunning" and similar interpretations just don't make sense.

I also have some trouble with Man and Woman when they don't represent the querant or another obvious person.

delinfrey

I agree with the Man and Woman being confusing when not representing the querent. It is not an issue with GT reads, but in shorter reads, it can be brainwrecking. I had a question about the job situation once, and what came up in a 5-card string was three cards and then Man and Woman... This never fails to leave me baffled.

I read in some older Lenormand materials that Man (if not querent) signifies ill affairs and Woman (if not querent) signifies positive affairs. Even then, it doesn't ring true to me.

Jdance

FISH! oh those fish.
all of my studies have told me fish is 'money' finance... most of my reads don't haven't do with money at all. I find that the fish card comes up often in relationship readings.

I'm starting to feel that it represents 'abundance' , 'deep emotions' but often wonder does it have to do with multiple people or group settings..

Yep this one kinda stumps me...

MandMaud

Snake and fox, when they both show up. When there's just one, I don't have much trouble with snake being either a woman or "twisty" (whether that's an approach to life, a complicated solution to a problem, or a piece of string) and fox being "clever" if not "cunning". But when they're both present, I don't know if they're both trying to be clever or deceitful or concealing something, or what.

Also when both snake (OR fox!) and clouds come up, I can't see much difference between complications, and confusion. I'm missing some subtle distinction.

My biggest trouble card is the Fox. It's come up numerous times in situations where "cunning" and similar interpretations just don't make sense.
Sometimes "clever" rather than "cunning"?

I'm guessing (my own beginner days are definitely still in progress!) but maybe things like computer code or other "clever" systems that get a job done?

I was told in another thread that when fox is work, it's work that's "just a job" rather than the kind of job that your heart's really in. I haven't quite got my head around fox as work, though.

I also have trouble with lily because I haven't settled in my own mind whether to go with the sexuality meaning or the old age one. I tend to think "dignity" - as in age and wisdom, or the serene kind of beauty, not the showy kind. But that isn't an accepted meaning as far as I know, it's just what comes to mind. Sometimes "time" seems to fit, but again I don't think that's official? Aster Breo, your "be patient" reading of lily may be helpful. :) Family rings true to me too, but I need to pin this card down.

And I'm getting used to lily being male rather than female. That's just my conditioning thinking flowers are a girly thing. :D

Man and woman, yes, they're always meaningless! (I haven't tried a GT yet.)

FISH! oh those fish.
all of my studies have told me fish is 'money' finance... most of my reads don't haven't do with money at all. I find that the fish card comes up often in relationship readings.

I'm starting to feel that it represents 'abundance' , 'deep emotions' but often wonder does it have to do with multiple people or group settings..

Yep this one kinda stumps me...
I've seen that kind of interpretation, groups (as in shoal). Also "flow" (rather than only cashflow) - things going smoothly, kind of thing.

Samweiss

Tree has been the bane of my readings. Now I have started to associate it with patience and things needing time to take root.