Katherine Cover Sabin

Amg182

She wrote a book called "The Cybernetic E.S.P. Breakthrough". In it, she describes using a deck of cards, with pictures & playing card inset on them, that she purchased for a Halloween party. She used them to tell fortunes at the party. She later read them for one of her children & some of the things came true, leading her to research card reading. This would have been in the early 50s in middle America.

Do you think that the Lenormand would have been readily available in the mid-US during that time? Or, is it more likely to have been a deck like the Gypsy Witch Fortune telling Cards?

I'm asking because I have her book & I'm finding some similarities between Lenormand & her "backbone" cards. Her method using regular playing cards.

Thank you.

Sharla

I was thinking more Gypsy witch rather than Lenormand with how youve described them being used on halloween, as i know some people will buy this deck specifically to use on halloween.

There are similarities with both these decks, when i first started out in Lenormand land i had just got a Gypsy witch deck for myself and i think it was Donnaleigh who mentioned it, to remove certain cards from the deck leaving you with the 36 assigned Lenormand cards, and using them like a Lenormand deck.

I did this and used this deck before i got my first proper Lenormand deck which was my under the roses, which im still using now.

Amg182

Thanks for the input. She's rather cryptic in her description.