Thoth tarot app

daphne

How strange. I just googled and this is the link I found. The images aren't showing up for me though.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-tarot/id1014455176?mt=8

If I search for "simple tarot" in the app store on my phone it comes up straight away.

Probable I need to update my iOS.

In any case, I would not use this app. For me it looks like a joke, with those mutilated images.
But if there are rights to make an app with distorted images, I hope there is a way to have an app with healthy images.
I just asked Jason for Fools Dog in another thread, if there is any chance they can make it. Finger crossed. :)

angeltreats

I know it's obviously not what you're looking for but the Urban Tarot is Thoth based and they've done an app for that, if you fancy having a look at it in the meantime.

JasonLion

The O.T.O is not currently licensing Thoth for use in apps. So any app you find that has the Thoth images is presumably unauthorized.

angeltreats

Thanks Jason. Hmm I did wonder, I thought Apple were quite strict in the apps they allowed, I guess it slipped through the net.

AJ

I wrote to the OTO, I hate knock off artists. Since they responded promptly I'll reply and ask them to consider Jason for an app. Never hurts to ask, there are email links on their site...hint hint
--------------------------------------

Dear Mrs Woerz,

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Thank you for letting us know about this -- we will deal with it.

Love is the law, love under will.

Kind regards,

Taos

Frater Taos
Ordo Templi Orientis
International Headquarters
Secretary General

Shade

As was mentioned earlier there is a Liber T app by The Fool's Dog and it is characteristically fabulous.

RavenLuna

I didn't realise it would be unauthorized, but I bought an app called the Thoth Tarot for my android phone. It's got the greenie images that you can zoom in on, and a bunch of keywords. It was inexpensive, but that's a bit cheeky - charging for something you are not authorized to use. It was developed by Thelemic Gnosticism.

Thinking about buying the Liber T one from the Fool's Dog next, the Rosetta one is very good.

daphne

I didn't realise it would be unauthorized, but I bought an app called the Thoth Tarot for my android phone. It's got the greenie images that you can zoom in on, and a bunch of keywords. It was inexpensive, but that's a bit cheeky - charging for something you are not authorized to use. It was developed by Thelemic Gnosticism.

Thinking about buying the Liber T one from the Fool's Dog next, the Rosetta one is very good.

Rosetta app I have it, it is beautiful + the info from the book, this I find really handy when study a card.

I do not have android, I think it is really great to have a thoth app to zoom in and read attached text.

avalonian

I wrote to the OTO, I hate knock off artists. Since they responded promptly I'll reply and ask them to consider Jason for an app. Never hurts to ask, there are email links on their site...hint hint
--------------------------------------

took the hint and emailed to ask about the possibility of an app (mentioned Fool's Dog) and also a Kindle version of the Book of Thoth as both would really help me due to eyesight issues. Just had a reply:

Thank you for your message. The possibility of producing high quality Kindle versions of Crowley's works is actually something that we've been discussing for some time now, but no definitive decisions have been made so far. The same goes for an app using the Thoth Cards. If and when such decisions are made, it will be announced through the proper channels.
:)

Looks like we'll need to be patient.

daphne

took the hint and emailed to ask about the possibility of an app (mentioned Fool's Dog) and also a Kindle version of the Book of Thoth as both would really help me due to eyesight issues. Just had a reply:

Thank you for your message. The possibility of producing high quality Kindle versions of Crowley's works is actually something that we've been discussing for some time now, but no definitive decisions have been made so far. The same goes for an app using the Thoth Cards. If and when such decisions are made, it will be announced through the proper channels.

Looks like we'll need to be patient.

... at least it is not completely bad news... maybe someday