Program

Alexander

Hello,
may I ask your opinion about my Tarot reading program?

This is not an ad , I would send a reg. code to people who'll help me in nearest weeks with their opinion!

Please take it at http://magicguru.org/software/wise-tarot.html
(It is 2 Mb).

Best wishes!

jmd

Would you please post (here and on your site) system and hardware requirements - if they are posted, I didn't see them.

(I'm asking as I use Mac OS X on a G3 processor)

Alexander

Thank you,
I had to write down this information.

It is Windows application, I have tested it on all Windows from 95 to 2000. (I didn't try it on XP, but don't expect any problems with this OS also.)

Unfortunately it will not run under Mac OS :(

No hardware requirements seem to be important - any hardware, that can run Windows, is appropriate.

Corrections on the site will be made.

Best wishes!

Melvis

Hi, Alexander!

I downloaded your program, and I like it! It's easy to use and it also allows the user to Create new spreads and Edit the ones you've included, which is great! (Although you have to register before you can create new spreads, apparently.)

I see it as a tool that readers can use to practice reading and create new spreads.

It would be handy if the user could also edit the included card meanings within the program, so they may include their own personal notes for the various cards.

Also, once the cards are drawn and put into the spread, it would be great if you could scroll down the page and have the deck scroll away, too, instead of staying on the screen the whole time.

But these are pretty minor details...I think it's a nice practice tool...great job!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Alexander

Hi, Melvis,

thank you!

Your opinion is very pleasant for me.

Let me notice, that user already can edit the included card meanings within the program: the text on the form is editable, you just need to click the "Save" button, that's all! (Another way - you can edit text files, that contain card meanings.)

About scrolling deck away - I'll think, it looks like a good idea to modify in a next version.

As I said, in the nearest time I'm going to give a registration for free to people, who help me with their remarks, so please receive my private message.

Best wishes!

Fuzzmello

Hi Alexander,

I just downloaded and installed your program on Windows XP Professional. It works great!

Fuzz

Alexander

Thanks, Fuzzmello!

The information about XP is exactly what I needed!

Melvis

Yay! I'm now able to create my own spreads in the program. I really like that aspect! It's very simple to do, and your spread looks exactly the way you want it to look because you drag the cards around the screen and place them where you want them.

I just had a brainstorm, though, which is why I'm posting again. This is a small, simple program that would be great for a Palm Pilot or other handheld device! You could limit it to just one deck to cut down on the size. (Maybe you could use images from all those "Tiny Tarot" decks so they are scaled down to Palm screen size.) Imagine working on your tarot spreads or card meanings on the bus, in a waiting room, or anywhere else that it would be impractical to pull out your cards!

I don't know about the programming aspect, though, so I don't even know if it's even workable for the Palm OS. But wouldn't it be cool?

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

wavebreaker

I downloaded it too and I like it!

Is there a way to save the readings you've done with it?

Kaz

alexander,
i like your software alot!!!
some comments:
the textfiles i dont think they are helpful, as they are the same for every deck (or am i wrong here??), waite and thoth cards are not the same.
i would like to be able to save readings as the spread i did, and also be able to make notes about it which can be saved with the reading.
all in all: great stuff, thanks for giving the possibility to evaluate it./
i use win2k.

edited for spelling errors and to add question:
where can i create my own spreads??? cannot find this option....
help me out please, would like to try everthing possible :)

kaz