My tarot cards have disappeared!

jcwirish

Well, I've checked all the usual hiding spots where my son would have put something. Yes, maybe an offering of something sweet would appease the anti-tarot fairy. A trade can be negotiated. I half expected them to be back on the night stand this morning, but no. I've been cleaning all day, so I've been looking. I know they have not left this house... but that's all I know.

Cerulean

I found my favorite Alchemical on the washing machine

In its case with book right next to the back door I double checked to be locked...and in the dark left the case on the corner.

Check again in good light near shelves and in drawers...if a bag or box likely was knocked down somewhere it gets lodged or appears to be sometimes mistaken as the edge of the floor or wall or a jumble near pillows...they can hide under the covers.

My husband came to bed late and nearly rolled on my cell which I was using to check email on my brother's flight home...before I unexpectedly dozed off..I have sometimes woken up where cards slip out of an open case...

Good luck!

jcwirish said:
Nope, not the bathroom either. Our house is small, so there's not a lot of new places I can look at this point. The dog is pretty old. He tends to sleep all day, so I think I can rule him out too. The 4 yr. old swears he didn't touch them. I'm giving up tonight. Maybe they'll be back on my night stand in the morning?

creakingcricket

jcwirish said:
Before I went to bed last night, I was looking though my Templar deck. I put them back in their box, put them on the night stand, and went to sleep. This morning, they are gone!

any thoughts?

Were you looking at the cards while in bed? If not, is there some place between where you were looking at them and the bed where you could have put them -- say, a bathrobe pocket -- and misremembered putting them on the night stand? Do you store your decks in bags? Could two decks be in the same bag?

If they were definitely on the night stand, was anything else -- like books or a magazine -- placed on the the night stand? When this other object was moved, the cards might have been moved at the same time.

jcwirish

I FOUND THEM!!!

Cerulean, Thank you! I just read your note and then, on a whim, looked under the bookshelf in the family room. There they were!

Thanks everyone for your input! I never took them out of the bedroom, so I do think the 4 yr. old 'pinched' them and put them under the bookshelf. He says he doesn't remember putting them under there.

At any rate, they have returned!

LightTraveller

"People have said to me, 'I love children, because they're all just so truthful!' Oh yeah? Bull!" --Bill Cosby

Glad they've come home from their little "crusade" under the shelf. :)

WingspreadPhoenix

It's good that you've found them :>

I myself haven't lost my deck (knock-on-wood) but I do have an annoying tendency to lose almost everything else :[

In case it ever happens again (hopefully not, but just in case): stop looking for them. Inanimate objects have a mind of their own, ironically, and will show up when you're not looking for them. But when you are, they're really good hiders.

Chronata

So glad you found them!

I have faeries(and other tricksters)in my place who like to hide things on me...and especially move them from room to room.

I lost my deck for over two years. But then I have a lot of crap.

jcwirish

HaHa! You guys crack me up. I have always thought of Bill Cosby as a wise man.

Chronata, I have a lot of crap too, but two years is a long time to be without one of your decks. I'm glad you got them back too.

I'm sure there are various trickster sprites floating about who hide things, but in this case, I am going to have to go with the child. He did say something to the effect of, "I played a trick on you," but then conveniently claimed he had no knowledge of my cards being under the bookshelf. Hmm... these mixed messages are curious. "Curiouser and curiouser," as Alice would say.

Nova

I've left mine to clense in a sun lit window before and forgot about them for a day or so.

It was a good idea to ask hubby. But he said no. If you have children, perhaps you should ask one if they could help you. A two year old knows what matters to a parent. If they take mom or dad's shaver to practice in secret...and they do, it would be normal course to examine pretty cards.

I agree that a jealous dog might be that smart, but having been married myself, a FEW times, I'll bet hubby just told you he didn't and is just asking a co worker what they think or something and is Gas Light-ing you a little.

Trust all interruptions. Never think that you are dumn and don't get frustrated by staffoos because sometimes they lead us to remember other things. This frustration may inspire you to buy a new deck or dig up an old one that has more accurate art on the face for your current life.

My cat loves to interrupt my spreads, he'll jump right on the center of a new one, he'll try to dominate my work space, or just sit on my journals. If pets will eat dentures because of the smell, well...

Welf

Excellent that you found them.... More than likely he is the culprit... Sometimes though, they do forget after a while where they hid something... He sees you using the Tarot deck regulary, the deck takes your sole attention and could be that in his mind, it takes too much of your attention away from him...

Those little ones can find some good hiding places if they want to. My young grandson (I only have the one grandchild) watched his parents spend a couple of hours looking for his dad's car keys and then said to them... Come here, look what I found, and from the bottom of his cupboard he dragged out the car keys... lol...

He got a new pair of shoes and they weren't anywhere to be found for almost 2 weeks. Then when I came to take him out I said to him, I can't take you anywhere until you find those shoes and immediately he reached under a lounge cushion (same like under the matress type of senario) and pulled them out.

You gotta love those dear little mites... : )

Welf