Deck for a week Group - Week 1 6-12 Aug 2011

Eyebright

Well I have just set up my blog! I went with blogspot in the end, though there is not much on there at this time. I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment! Hoping it will all become clear eventually. When I figure out how I will follow anyone on here who has a blog too, feel free to follow me if you like :)

BodhiSeed

After a sleepless night, I finally got enough coffee in me to post on my blog. I'll copy the contents over to the Daily Draw section. I've never used the Kitty Kahane before (I was always put off by the colors), but I will enjoy learning how well I can use it. The Tree Affirmations oracle is one I've had for a while (and love!). We need a coffee emoticon... :D

NikkiB

yes I will sort my blog out when i have the patience and time - both are lacking right now!

I have to say at the moment I am not loving Thoth as I wanted to... I sooooo wanted to but at the moment its just not talking to me and i'm not loving the artwork.. I think it's clever and technical but i'm not feeeeeeeeeeling with it if you know what I mean. Obviously early days lol! but i've just done a 10 card reading for myself that was like pulling teeth lol! i'm hoping it improves over the week :D

BodhiSeed

yes I will sort my blog out when i have the patience and time - both are lacking right now!

I have to say at the moment I am not loving Thoth as I wanted to... I sooooo wanted to but at the moment its just not talking to me and i'm not loving the artwork.. I think it's clever and technical but i'm not feeeeeeeeeeling with it if you know what I mean. Obviously early days lol! but i've just done a 10 card reading for myself that was like pulling teeth lol! i'm hoping it improves over the week :D

NikkiB, I was just like you for a long time about the Thoth, but I eventually came to appreciate it. You may want to try some smaller spreads so it's not so overwhelming, and here's a website that may prove useful:
http://tryskelion.com/tryskelion/preface.htm

ETA: For those of you who have blogs on this thread, I am reading them, but some I am unable to post on. Could possibly be a blocker causing the problem...

Eyebright

After a sleepless night, I finally got enough coffee in me to post on my blog. I'll copy the contents over to the Daily Draw section. I've never used the Kitty Kahane before (I was always put off by the colors), but I will enjoy learning how well I can use it. The Tree Affirmations oracle is one I've had for a while (and love!). We need a coffee emoticon... :D

I was the same at first, but I love the deck now, it's great! I find it very readable. Look forward to when its Kitty's week for me!

AJ

ITongo will be my deck of the week

Grrr I just can't wait to begin with this, I like it also because where are with a group, it's nice to see other people read and getting to know them. Hope the postman will arrive soon!

Tarot Fairy, I don't know which deck you are waiting for but many deck artists and authors have websites where you can pull your cards for reading or card of the day.

My deck is based in South Africa and the suits are based on tribes from the four compass directions in SA. Draw of the day will be on my blog.

NikkiB

NikkiB, I was just like you for a long time about the Thoth, but I eventually came to appreciate it. You may want to try some smaller spreads so it's not so overwhelming, and here's a website that may prove useful:
http://tryskelion.com/tryskelion/preface.htm

Brilliant thank you for that, I will look at this properly tonight when ive done the animals - it looks a great site

ETA: just had a look at this can see it will be really useful thank you!

Tarot Fairy

Tarot Fairy, I don't know which deck you are waiting for but many deck artists and authors have websites where you can pull your cards for reading or card of the day.

ohh great idea AJ! But the postman brought me none of my decks today :-( I Guess they will come by monday or maybe later! I think it's better to choose one I already have so I will work with the Tarot of the Magical Forest this week! This deck is also really new to me.

Sulis

Moderator note

The Daily Draws thread for this group is over in the Daily Draws forum. I've edited the title so that it's now a thread for this group: Deck of the week group - Daily Draws (click)
So please feel free to post your daily readings there and keep this thread as a discussion thread.

Would you like a thread per week? If so we'll set up an index or do you just want to use the one thread? Let me or Alta know so that we can index the thread or threads.

Sulis - moderator

hopena

Paulina Tarot, for me, this week. :)