Calling all female Hermits!

Lunalyn

I second the Celestial Tarot Hermit. the card is beautiful. the womyn is dressed in blue and purple. and it is attributed to Virgo. the little bit of hair that can be seen seems red.
enjoy your search.
lyn

Masa

Found another one: Housewives! Of course. :p

I also found a nice 9/Pents in Cosmic Tarot, a super interesting deck I'd never seen before.

And does anyone know what deck this lady is from?

I tell you what, I have an extremely awesome folder on my hard drive now.

Masa

I believe is from the Spiral Tarot!

Ah, you're right! I even have the Spiral's Hermit saved, but I forgot to check it for the border similarities. Thanks. :)

Grizabella

I think Daughters of the Moon must have a female Hermit but if it does, it's been renamed something else and I don't know which one it is. I love the deck and it's so gorgeous but I don't use it enough to remember. Maybe someone else does. Of course, it's not really a true Tarot deck because I think it has the wrong number of cards, but it calls itself Tarot. It's quite close---close enough that I do use it sometimes.

wulzcat

The John Holland Psychic Tarot has a lovely female hermit (called Solitude in this deck), kneeling with a book open on her knees. I am always struck that in this deck the woman in the hermit card is the same as the woman in the 3 of swords card (minus the book), which seems like it's somehow relevant although I haven't quite computed the connection...

http://www.tarotwisdomreadings.com/tarotdecks/images/cards/9Solitude.jpg

(The JH deck isn't a 'proper' tarot deck as it has chakra cards instead of courts, and the pips only go up to 9, but otherwise it's the same.)

Pet Jeffery

I think Daughters of the Moon must have a female Hermit but if it does, it's been renamed something else and I don't know which one it is. I love the deck and it's so gorgeous but I don't use it enough to remember. Maybe someone else does. Of course, it's not really a true Tarot deck because I think it has the wrong number of cards, but it calls itself Tarot. It's quite close---close enough that I do use it sometimes.

I, too, love the Daughters of the Moon. It's sometimes difficult to identify the cards with traditional ones, because they're re-named and carry no numbers. But The Hermit is definitely the one titled:

CRONE
THE WISE ONE -- GREY MARE

To clarify, the Daughters of the Moon has 75 cards. Four cards are missing because each suit has only three court cards (Maiden, Mother and Crone) instead of four. There is also an extra card, because Aphrodite -- The Lovers is present in two forms, a lesbian version and a heterosexual one. In spite of only having 75 cards, I think that the Daughters of the Moon is a true tarot.

Pet Jeffery

Two other tarots that I like very much come to mind as having a female hermit.

One is the Motherpeace Tarot where (like the Daughters of the Moon) the Hermit is re-titled Crone.

The other is more unusual, Le Tarot des Femmes Erotiques in which The Hermit has her traditional title. (Some Femmes Erotiques cards are re-named, but not this one.) The Hermit is a naked woman, with her back turned to the viewer, in the act of opening (or closing?) a door.

Unfortunately, I can't find online a reproduction of either the Motherpeace Crone or the Femmes Erotiques Hermit.

Pet Jeffery

But The Hermit is definitely the one titled:

CRONE
THE WISE ONE -- GREY MARE

When I wrote that, I owned only only the German version and the Daughters of the Moon book. That's the title as given in the book.

But, this morning, I received my English language copy of the cards. The name printed on the card is just The Wise One.

VanillaLatte

Oh, hey, Joie de Vivre has one, too. Plus a nice Nine of Coins.

And here are those cards in Paulina: Hermit, 9 of Pents.

Thanks for the lovely pics of Joie De Vivre! Now I'm pretty convinced to get it :p

The Hermit of Crystal Visions stole my heart months back. I've been taking exceptional interest in the Hermits of other decks ever since. If I want to get a new deck, I'll definitely look at its Hermit first.