Cards you just don't like..?

rannoush

5 of swords, 8 of swords, nine of swords !!!!!
they are just the very definition of negativities........

celticnoodle

I never could stand the wheel of fortune. It just seems like such a wishy-washy card to me. Why even bother having it in the deck. And, then, didn't one of my favorite decks come with TWO of these blasted cards in it? :p must have been just to irritate me. :D

Chiriku

For me it`s the Page and Knight. Uninspiring.

I`m a Wand, though, so... ;)

The Knight of Pents is among the court cards I have the best handle on and relationship with, but that's because I know a real-life person whom I strongly identify with that card.

With the exception of the court cards, who like the courts of all suits have many laudable qualities, the Pentacles are all "uninspiring" to me.

It's so funny how different people view these things! The 3 & 8 of Pents are some of my absolute favorite cards. I get all giddy-excited when I draw them. :laugh:

Really, "giddy-excited," no less. This astounds me, but as you say, people view things so very differently.

I don't dislike all the numbered Pents. I actively like the RWS 9 of Pentacles, and lately I've had to come to grips with what the 2 of Pentacles means for me (which has erased my previous indifference to the card). I also have no beef with the 4 of Pents and the 10 of Pents; they're not too hum-drum for me.

I actually don't need a Two and Three of Wands in the RWS system. I'd quite happily just have one or the other. I really don't feel the need for both. They sort of merge in my brain...

There was whole thread on this, a sentiment I and many others share, in a thread that was just bumped in Using Tarot Cards.

It's a card I rarely get, but the one card that I can't stand - for one reason or another - is The Fool. It's so weird and hard to explain. Don't know why really, but when I look at the card I just get this overwhelming sense of boredom and this feeling of being "so over it." :/

I never could stand the wheel of fortune. It just seems like such a wishy-washy card to me. Why even bother having it in the deck. And, then, didn't one of my favorite decks come with TWO of these blasted cards in it? :p must have been just to irritate me. :D

You each have pinpointed the two feelings I often get about various cards in the deck: Noncommittal "I'm over this card's concept; people make such a to-do over it when in fact it's quite a mundane/overhyped concept" and "This card's main generic meaning 'thrust' is shared with those other two cards. Superfluous?" The latter is especially true of concepts related to change because, as change is one of the few predictably constant aspects of life , many cards are rooted in the notion.

Emerald Isles

I don't like any of the Kings, especially King of Cups. I don't know, they just don't resonate with me in the way that the Queens have, and I've always felt the Queens represented stronger/better qualities than the Kings.

I totally agree with another poster on Nine of Cups. I always see this smugness about his demeanor and I fail to see anything positive about that card.

Another one is Seven of Swords, purely because this card baffles me to the point of annoyance. I've read different interpretations of the card, read through threads on the card in this forum, and still, nothing really "sticks" when I look at it.

I also don't care much for Ten of Cups or the Emperor.

Wow, it seems like I dislike a few Cups. Ironic since it's my favorite suit! :D

danieljuk

I don't really like any of the Swords cards. The Suit qualities are almost the opposite of me as a person. I try not to be biased but just don't like them :)

Carla

I just wrote a rant about the Queen of Wands on my site. (There's a link if you click my name). In the next few days I will try to balance it out by looking at her other side. But whenever I see Queen of Wands, I just get this sinking feeling. I don't like her and don't want to be her.

As to pips, there are several that puzzle me in the way that 2 and 3 of Wands gets to LeFanu. But today's gripe is Queen of Wands.

Cassandra022

I also feel that way about RWS 2 and 3 of wands. The distinction there is rather....fine.

It's really hard for me not to look at the knight of cups and just see a ton of negative connotations...

olivia1

i really dislike the 9 of pentacles because I equate that card with being alone and I hate being by myself!

swedishfish612

Queen of Swords. She reminds me of my mother, who I love despite our difficult relationship and clashing personalities. The Q of Swords is pretty much everything I am not, and do not want to be. I need to become more neutral about this card because I'm sure I miss a lot in a reading by only seeing the negatives of this card.

ETA- Gosh, as soon as I posted, I realized she reminds me of my mother-in-law as well! :eek:

Grizabella

I actually don't need a Two and Three of Wands in the RWS system. I'd quite happily just have one or the other. I really don't feel the need for both. They sort of merge in my brain...

Yes. This. Totally this.

Glad to know I am in *very* good company on this point - I feel the same way.

Yep me too on the two and three of wands. I think I've figured out, though, that the Two is sending your "stuff" out to the Universe and then the Three is when you see "stuff" coming back to you as a result.