Fortune Telling vs. Spiritual Growth

2dogs

I'm just trying to learn what I can from the cards but I suppose going to a good fortune teller might stimulate some spiritual growth in an undecided or sceptical sitter.

DamianStraton

Appology

I apologize for saying, basically, that Tarot counselors are fortune tellers that provide advice instead of predicting the future. Nothing could be further from the truth. I guess I just looked at it from my own perspective. I´m a psychic. To me Tarot is supernatural, but that is MY approach.

Just to set the record straight, I don´t think Tarot counseling is the same as fortune telling. And it looks like most people use Tarot for spiritual growth.

dancing_moon

No need to apologize, Damian. We're all learning. :)

Grizabella

This minute, right here and now, is the present. Any reading that says anything not of the present moment is either past or future. Therefore, a person who purports to give only counsel is predicting the future because they're saying "if you do this/see it this way, this other thing will happen". Will happen"....in the future.

Luna-Ocean

See i don't mind being thought of as a fortune teller if at the the end of the reading i'm able to assist in a good positive manner with what ever problem that person was going through gypsy style or what ever! then i'm happy that i was able to do so.

Tarot counseling is merely trying to counsel someone's feelings in a reading, i personally don't see the difference in both styles of reading?

dancing_moon

This minute, right here and now, is the present. Any reading that says anything not of the present moment is either past or future. Therefore, a person who purports to give only counsel is predicting the future because they're saying "if you do this/see it this way, this other thing will happen". Will happen"....in the future.

For me, this differentiation is purely intellectual. I exist in the continuum of the eternal present. :)