My deck is mad at me!

gregory

I think it's as feasible as any other idea that each gets some odd guidance according to what s/he believes spiritually and religious and worldview-wise: animist, christian, muslim, jewish, pagan, humanist, fatalist, taoist, whatever--I think it would be intriguing if my cards behave a certain way, and have the aid of angels/devils/devas/molecules/thermodynamics/pick yer helpers just because I believe in that...it could be how it works--
-while mine just look at me and wait for me to see what they say. :D

donnalee

-while mine just look at me and wait for me to see what they say. :D

Maybe you've spoiled them and they need different food or something... Are you sure they aren't cats??????

gregory

Maybe you've spoiled them and they need different food or something... Are you sure they aren't cats??????
They just sit in their own room and gang up on me ! :D

Malophile

Ah I appreciate every one of your posts on here, (apart from the arguments) and in my honest opinion, my deck was saying something. I interpreted it as the deck having a thought.

All opinions are going to be different, and I do believe in spirituality living within things. Who is to say that a small spirit doesn't want to take a home in a tarot card? I mean they aren't on this realm so they could squish themselves down right?

Anywho, don't listen to me, I just ramble :D

TrainWreckx95

To me, every deck has their own personality.

TrainWreckx95

Do you think it is a personality from within yourself?

Hmm.. I've never thought of it that way but this could very well be true:)

or the deck its self has a personality?

I have a couple of different decks and I feel they all have a different personality. Maybe they are hidden ones of mine but I don't think so. I feel like I'm quite different from my cards. for example, my mythic deck is blunt and straight to the point. It holds no punches and doesn't really care if I don't use him for months. When I first bought him, I didn't like him at all. A year later, I've come to appreciate him more than ever and he wasn't mad at all. However, my Universal Fantasy deck was a bit jealous when I had them laid next to each other. She's more of a sweet personality, though. She doesn't like to hurt others and tries to find a way to put things nicely. My steampunk tarot is my favorite. I mesh so well with this deck and I feel an incredible connection with her. I honestly do believe there is a spirit within this deck. I've had dreams about her, however, I have never been able to see her face. Just from her lips down.. but she does have long black hair:) She is a mature deck, quite like mythic, but not really. She is blunt as well but not so cold with her readings.

I understand I may sound absolutely crazy but this is just my opinion on the topic:p I am from Wonderland after all;)

Malophile

I understand I may sound absolutely crazy but this is just my opinion on the topic:p I am from Wonderland after all;)

Not crazy at all! I feel exactly the same way!

ravenest

interesting discussion, I am leaning toward, spirit is within me, the reading - interpretation of cards comes from me,
but it does not answer the question of how the cards get in the right place for a accurate reading.
I do ask the question during shuffling and do stop when I "feel" it is time.
???

The cards can be in any place for an accurate reading ... so the question is moot.

ravenest

Such an interesting discussion. But I do wonder if a deck can get mad at you could it then also get vindictive? Give false readings to show its discontent?

If one denies 'soul' (that is; the needs of the projected unconscious self in an objective environment) its expression, as it will (how IT wants to express itself), there will be some sort of rebellion.

And the self may well project that into the cards so that their readings are wrong, interpreted wrong ... or even to behave unconsciously in way to 'prove' them wrong.

Your deck can get just as nasty and vindictive as your Id can .... if you are that sort of person ... ;)