My deck is mad at me!

SunChariot

Hmmm you have a good point. Cards are spiritual though, and all decks have personality.

IMO the cards are spiritual in that they are tools that allow you to connect to the spiritual. And they deserve to be treated with the utmost respect for that. They are, to me, like sacred tools and they certainly can teach us a lot about the spiritual and about our spirituality. The magic comes through them and that has deep meaning. But the magic is in you and between you and what you are communicating with. Whatever that may be.

Babs

Water Lady

Sun Chariot
Thank you, well written and I agree but don't think I could have said it that well.

Malophile

So given all that, I would say the answer to when you asked if the deck would be mad at you, with that card, would be for YOU to stop feeling sorry for yourself and to stop holding negative thoughts about your deck, because they are not justified. I would see it as advice for you on the validity of what you are feeling that lead you to ask the question. They could have been telling you not to have a pity-party or give in to negative thoughts like that. For YOU to stop dwelling on the negative with a deck that has been so good to you so far. :grin:

Those are my opinions, for whatever they are worth. :grin:

thank you, your insight is very helpful. I have been feeling rather negative lately.

DownUnderNZer

I like the blindfold idea...be the best test.

You would have no idea what deck is what and would be guessing.

ravenest

Unless there was 'interference' ... like an observer's negative attitude ;)

nisaba

We could 'settle' this quiet easily with a few decks, someone that claims they can feel different energies from a deck,

Any volunteers ?

A friend of mine and I both have the Wild Unknown deck. We had them both with us once when we went to dinner together. There were four or five decks on the table. When we were packing up to go and all the decks were boxed up I picked up the nearest Wild Unknown, and immediately put it down again. It felt *wrong*, all sorta soft and different.

I didn't say anything. I picked up another deck. He picked up the Wild Unknown closest to him, , grimaced, and handed it over straight away saying: "Here, this one is yours, that one over there must be mine."

When I got home I opened it. His had the LWB and title card. Mine doesn't. The deck I took home, which we both felt was mine, was in fact mine.

ravenest

But ... but ... I didnt get to blindfold you :(

Maybe yours felt greasy or ....

and he was being polite })

nisaba

Neither of them were greasy. Identical boxes is as good as a blindfold. Sucked in, you lose! })

DownUnderNZer

I suppose there is something in knowing your own deck(s).

When I didn't have my Lenormand on hand one time in Queensland I borrowed my sister's....exact same one. She hardly used it, so it was fine.

No problems reading with it, but it really did feel strange as I knew it wasn't mine. Could just have been that really...knowing it was not mine. :)

Cenozoic

I always thought that a tool is just an extension of yourself. It's only as great as you can be. If you wrote something with a pencil, and then gave the pencil to someone else, they won't write like you do. And no professional off-the-chart pencil, can make you suddenly become a professional writer or artist. It's all up to you and what you can do with your tool, and how well you use them/read with them.

So I don't think that the deck itself is suddenly getting mad or depressed at you. Maybe let's say, it's indicating that you'll be torn over which deck to use, or you'll be torn because you bought a deck while you still hadn't practiced and learned your first deck yet. Perhaps something will be damaged that makes you sad. It could even be that you're ready to move onto another deck yet.