Discerning sexuality using tarot

rainwolf

I had someone ask me if I could tell if someone was gay, and i thought it rather interesting to denote combinations that would hint at this nature. I looked through some books, and I found a few things, but would appreciate some suggestions to help when i give the reading. Here's what I found so far (and this includes lesbian relations as well):

(for men)
-Presence of one or more of (ill-dignified): The High Priestess, The Hierophant, and The Empress (sometimes page of cups)
Relationships b/t them:
Fem: Page (or rarely knight) of any suit Masc: King of cups (ill dignified)

(for women)
-Presence of one or more of (ill-dignified): The Emperor, The Hierophant, and in my opinion The magician
Relationships b/t them:
Masc: Knight (rarely king) of one suit Fem: Queen of same suit

For both: Major arcan as back up show anima/animus in ill-dignity in regularity.

Ill-dignified in the above sense does not mean bad, but rather different and not as normally expected in usual reading terms.

Please note im not trying to exploit anyone, i just want to give an accurate reading (and i think others will find this useful as well someday). I hope this wasnt too risque for anyone, if you are offended im sincerely sorry :) So anyway, please, your opinions!

Update: this slipped my mind, i made a spread a looong time ago, adn in it i made a place for sexuality, and it was a spread to get to know a person via cards, so if a cover card is used, it can provide even more detail into the orientation.

rainwolf

Oh that thread helps...a little different from mine but it has a lot of info i wanted. I hope gargoyle_guarded doesnt mind, but i thought id quote her here. If you do GG, just tell me and ill remove it.

gargoyle_guarded said:
The Universe (U) combined with The Fool (R) suggests being bi-curious.
The Universe (U) combined with The Moon (R) suggests being in the closet.
The Universe (U) combined with The Stars (R) suggests being homophobic.
The Universe (U) combined with The Stars (U) suggests being bisexual.
The Universe (U) combined with The Magician (U) suggests being gay.

I've chosen these cards because to me the fool reversed is not moving forward; the moon reversed is about lies, deception, illusions; the stars reversed is about a negative self-image, self-doubts; the stars upright is about mutual love or a love of two different things; the magician upright is about laying everything on the table, and saying "this is me, this is who I am".
"

I almost forgot, another book i had also says an ill dignified page of cups may show homosexuality. Thanks for the thread!

ocho8s

Hello Rainwolf
Could you share your spread??
Sounds very interesting
thanks
Anaoly

tarotbear

you KNOW this is coming ...

Why do you need tarot cards to tell you someone's sexuality? Isn't your Gaydar working? LOL!!!

rainwolf

Well, i was reading for someone not present, and for someone else. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the spread, i found two i made, ill put both since theyre different:
Someone Else Spread
1***8***4
7**2/5* *9
6**10***3

Place cards down (diagonal one, diagonal two, filling in spaces -it looks weird on the pic, 2/5 is a cover). I made this spread to have each card interact with every card surrounding it according to dignity. Thus it may be easier to use a Thoth deck, or other where no reversals are not used normally. Anyway... read in lines first:
1,8,4: Known characteristics
7,2/5,9: Special characteristics (which may be doubtful or confusing to you)
6,10,3: Unforeseen characteristics (by everyone)

What i mean by everything interacts-is if you draw a line between every card in proximity of each other (about 20) that is what interacts. When you compare dignities above and below, it makes it interesting to see what is weaker, stronger, different, 'combinationed', etc... have fun with that one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personality-Person Spread:
***1***
***2***<-head
***3***
4**6**5<-arms
***7***
***8***<-body
**/*\**
9*****10<-feet

Its supposed to look like a stick figure, hence the occasional lines.
1:Spirituality (views, etc)
2:Mentality (Intelligence, morals, etc)
3:Compatability (duh)
4:Interests
5:How to start
6:Relationship potential
7:Any bias (can change if you have something in mind)
8:Sexual orientation (according to dignities, but position can change if needed)
9:Overal comment (answers "so what?"
10:Add up all pip cards (court cards if you assign numbers) and find major arcana that corresponds (assign to whatever you would like Ex: major arcana comment)
Any question? Ask as usual
Best of luck with my spread (see also my awesome yes/no spread under spreads!).

Tarot Boy

rainwolf, great spreads! I should try the personality one sometime on myself and see what happens. Two questions though. What do you mean by # 9 and #10? Overall Comment about what? And why do we add the pip cards/court cards?

Adjustment

rainwolf said:
Well, i was reading for someone not present, and for someone else. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the spread, i found two i made, ill put both since theyre different:
Someone Else Spread
1***8***4
7**2/5* *9
6**10***3

Place cards down (diagonal one, diagonal two, filling in spaces -it looks weird on the pic, 2/5 is a cover). I made this spread to have each card interact with every card surrounding it according to dignity. Thus it may be easier to use a Thoth deck, or other where no reversals are not used normally. Anyway... read in lines first:
1,8,4: Known characteristics
7,2/5,9: Special characteristics (which may be doubtful or confusing to you)
6,10,3: Unforeseen characteristics (by everyone)

What i mean by everything interacts-is if you draw a line between every card in proximity of each other (about 20) that is what interacts. When you compare dignities above and below, it makes it interesting to see what is weaker, stronger, different, 'combinationed', etc... have fun with that one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Personality-Person Spread:
***1***
***2***<-head
***3***
4**6**5<-arms
***7***
***8***<-body
**/*\**
9*****10<-feet

Its supposed to look like a stick figure, hence the occasional lines.
1:Spirituality (views, etc)
2:Mentality (Intelligence, morals, etc)
3:Compatability (duh)
4:Interests
5:How to start
6:Relationship potential
7:Any bias (can change if you have something in mind)
8:Sexual orientation (according to dignities, but position can change if needed)
9:Overal comment (answers "so what?"
10:Add up all pip cards (court cards if you assign numbers) and find major arcana that corresponds (assign to whatever you would like Ex: major arcana comment)
Any question? Ask as usual
Best of luck with my spread (see also my awesome yes/no spread under spreads!).
:DThank you so much for sharing this with us Rainwolf

rainwolf

Oh your welcom taradeck!

Tarot boy-overall comment is just a position a card can have to free associate any meaning it needs to. This can be seen in light with other cards surrounding and dignity.

The adding part wasnt very clear: You add up all the numbers of the pip cards laid out, and reduce if necessary to reach a number of a major arcana. For example: 8w, 3c, 2s, and 6p will be 8+3+2+6=19-The sun. It is a comment card like #9. It the number was 35, it would reduce to 8. If you use court cards (i dont personally) pages=11, knights=12, queens=13, and kings=14.

Tarot Boy

rainwolf, if that whole concept is totally going over my head, may I just not use it, and do you think the spread will still be (just as) effective?