Raffle!! AT Traveling Member Deck Raffle!!

Daizdy

The AT Traveling Member Deck left Des Moines, IA, September 20, 2005 to begin an unforgettable journey around the world. Participants chose World Spirit Tarot, which was kindly donated by The Tarot Garden. A perfect choice! The World Spirit has visited 55 tarot enthusiasts, all members of Aeclectic Tarot Forum from across the United States through South America, New Zealand, Australia, Europe and is now spending its last week in the UK. Each member lovingly used the deck for their own personal readings or readings done for family and friends. It rested on alters, slept under pillows, visited special places of participants from one’s childhood playground to a favorite spot in the woods, to St Vitus Cathedral in Prague, to cafes and many, many more places. Each participant signed the back of one of the cards that they felt best represented them or their situation at the time before sending it on its way. Each one wrote about their experiences in an online journal and some entries even include wonderful pictures of the deck visiting some of the most breathtaking places one could ever see. The journal and pictures can be printed to keep with the deck if one chooses.

The deck is well worn from loving use and comes in its box, which has been taped a few times to hold it together and the boxed deck is housed in a beautifully striking red tarot bag made by Rachelcat.

Browse through the journal, the AT Traveling Member Deck thread, and the sign-up list. I’m sure you’ll agree that this tarot deck, full of the wonderful energy of our participants, is priceless. Who wouldn’t want to own this unique deck!

With over a year of traveling the world, the AT Traveling Member Deck is in need of a final resting place. A raffle will decide who gets our beloved deck…Will it be you?

Raffle prices are:

$5 per ticket

Purchase two tickets for $10 and receive one ticket free! (Roughly $3.30 per ticket)

$30 will get you 10 tickets! That's four free tickets!

The raffle will run from Nov. 1st – Nov. 30th. The winner will be announced within the first week of December along with the winner of the $75 gift certificate to the Tarot Garden. The winners will be announced in this thread. Money raised from the raffle will provide subscriptions for those who are in need.

Your purchase is confidential unless you choose to post in this thread that you’ve purchased tickets. You must have at least 100 posts to purchase tickets.

Click the link below to go to the purchase page. Good luck! :D

[highlight]
[size=+2]PURCHASE PAGE[/size]
[/highlight]

Elven

Hi Daizdy :D

How exciting is this!! Thankyou so much to you, Tarot Garden & Solandia for this opportunity!!

Just a quick question - what about those who have no paypal? How do we purchase tickets?

Blessings Elven x

gregory

Good point - would Solandia be able to use the credit card facility just set up for subs ? It does cost the forum more, but still....

Elven

Ummm... errr.... I dont have a credit card either ... :( ... will there be anyway still to pay?

I was also wondering ... are these Aussie dollars or American dollars?
Thankyou!! :)

Blessings Elven x

floracove

This is absolutely wonderful!
You guys totally rock!

I'm not gonna be able to buy a ticket, but I sure do wish all of ya'll the very best of Luck!
And I know the person who finally gives this deck a home is gonna be so blessed by the energy that this deck holds.

This is absolutely wonderful!
You guys totally rock!

Daizdy

Oh WOW! Elven, you brought up some very good questions!

These are American dollars and I don't think You have to have a paypal account to make a purchase through paypal. Credit card is not an option. Going through letter post is not an option, it would take too long I think....unless one is there in Australia...maybe Solandia should decide on that one....

baba-prague

It's lovely to see this and I'll be fascinated to see where the deck finally ends up.

But PayPal doesn't cover Czech either (they say you can pay but not receive payments, but when we tried this someone kindly gave us a $3 refund on a payment - which I had happily assumed was impossible as it wasn't allowed - which meant that we were automatically blocked forever as a punishment for receiving payments! Can't win really!)

Oh well, perhaps Prague isn't the deck's final home. But I hope the draw is a huge success - I'm sure it will be.

Daizdy

I'm sorry that it will be difficult for some of you to purchase a ticket. Paypal is the simplest, most cost effective way to receive payment. Solandia set up the payment page to provide a way to simply click and purchase. The goal is/was to keep it simple.

Perhaps there are ways to get around your inability to purchase by asking a friend or family member to make the purchase for you in your name and then paying them by cash or check. There are also prepaid credit cards called gift cards one can purchase where you set the amount that the credit card is good for.

Best of Luck to all of you! :)

LixiPixi

The winners will be announced in this thread. Money raised from the raffle will provide subscriptions for those who are in need.

I'm taking a huge leap to voice my thoughts here, even though it may not be my place to do so, but here goes....

....maybe some of the proceeds could be used for bandwidth expansion instead. Whether someone has a subscription or not, nobody can enjoy the site if the bandwidth is becoming overburdened and locking everyone out.

Just a thought....

LP~ <-----ducking to avoid any rotten tomatos!

Daizdy

This thread is only for announcing the winners and discussing the raffle itself. What to do with the proceeds was decided over a year ago and will not change. Nothing is changing at this point. It's all over and done.:)

There was some discussion on the subject in the last several posts on the AT Traveling Member Deck thread. You'll find the answers to your questions there. :)