Mary Greer Collecting Stories for Possible Publication

gregory

Teheuti said:
Gregory - I'd like to see a link to the stories. The ones here have a few qualifications and I ask you to do some follow-up regarding your question when drawing the card and how the story relates to your issue. Would you be willing to do a new story following the guidelines at the beginning of the thread?

Mary
I'll try and sort that when I get back from everything I am away doing just now :D

ARudhra

Tmgrl2's Bird of Spirit

What a deLIGHTful story, Tmgrl2!

I thoroughly enjoyed that. I laughed three times on my way through your story and I loved your rhyming fun.

Thank you!

HearthCricket

The Prince and the Enchanted Mirror

Universal Fantasy Tarot, Two of Cups

~Once upon a time there was a handsome prince who lived in a beautiful castle. His parents, the King and Queen of Fantasia, had built a glorious world of carved stone and constantly bestowed gifts upon their son, under one promise-that he would never leave the castle and care for them unto their dying days. Because the prince was full of honour he agreed to this strange affair and spent his days wandering about the palace and caring lovingly for his aging parents.

One day, however, his parents noticed that he seemed solemn, so they asked him, "Why does our son look so downcast whilst surrounded in splendour?"

"I love my parents, truly, but I my heart longs for travel and companionship," he replied with a sad voice.

This troubled his parents greatly, for they were determined to keep him at a finger's touch, so they hired a local magician to create an enchanted mirror, in which he could see lands and imagine people to keep him company. For a few weeks this seemed to lighten the prince's heart, and he imagined himself riding over fields of gold and visting far away lands of blue mist, but each time he tried this a lovely young woman appeared, with golden hair and wearing a misty blue gown. This made his heart only ache more as he knew it was all an illusion.

Years passed and eventually both of his parents passed on to the peaceful lands. More lonely than ever, the prince wandered the castle in memory, afraid to leave behind his beloved home to pursue his once cherished dream. He stood bereft at the enchanted mirror to once again imagine his faraway lands and his fair lady. The mirror fogged as his eyes welled up in tears, but as he wiped them away he stood in amazement! The mirror had turned into a window and the golden haired woman stood before him, holding two chalices. One she passed to him through the window and together they gazed into each others eyes.

It is said the prince stepped over the window and took the fair lady as his princess, and together they travelled far and wide, for the magician who had made the mirror had given the prince a glimpse of his own daughter, GoldenDream, and the prince's tears had melted the mirror's enchantment and transformed all things because of love and hope.

~The End~

by HearthCricket

ARudhra

a true fairy tale!

Lovely, Hearthcricket!

I was right there, in his world, looking through the mirror.

ARudhra

And now, at the Atacama finish line...

Ahh! What happened?

You got my attention, by golly!

I am still wondering! I will HAVE to finish this race myself, I see, with Tranquility and the wild boy.

Fun, Piper!

ARudhra

so that's why!

Hi Peace Pixie~

Now I know why the red dragon is sitting on my coffeetable!

I bought him two days ago and simply could NOT figure out why.

;)

tmgrl2

Great story, Hearthcricket!!

Sure helps to see the card as well.....I love stories with "enchanted mirrors!"

Back for more stories later I hope????

terri

HonestPuck

Esmeralda's Tears

5 of cups
Robin Wodd Tarot
385 words

Once upon a time there was a handsome young traveler named Antonius. He had inherited a considerable amount of money from his parents and when he reached adulthood, left his home to explore. Before he left, he urged his best friend Esmeralda to join him. Esmeralda was not some beautiful princess with long flowing hair. She was the daughter of one of his servants. They had grown up together and had always been best of friends. Esmeralda, being secretly in love with Antonius, immediately accepted.

They traveled to many places and made many friends. Antonius became a bit of a legend around the kingdom. Esmeralda followed him everywhere. After five long years of wandering around, Antonius found a woman. She had silky soft blonde hair, and a smile radiated warmth to any who saw it. The moment he saw her he wanted her for himself. And the second after he introduced himself he proposed to her, with Esmeralda hiding behind him. The beautiful woman accepted, but only if they left the town together that night.

And so they did, she packed her belongings and snuck out of the house. She was excited to finally be free from her abusive father. It was cold that night, and Antonious gave her his cloak to keep her warm. They walked silently towards the next town, with Esmeralda crying as silently as she walked behind them. At dawn, the beautiful woman’s father found his daughter missing and sent for the fastest knight in the city to bring her back and kill the man who took her. He had seen the back of him at the market that day and described his cloak to the knight.

The knight was an excellent tracker, and caught up with Antonius and the woman by noon. He was a very ambitious knight and as soon as he saw that black cloak shot his arrow straight for his head. But instead of hearing a man’s scream, it was a woman’s voice. The cloak flew off exposing the beautiful woman’s hair as she fell to the ground. The knight, now realizing what he did banished himself for fear of execution, leaving Antonius and Esmeralda to stare at the beautiful woman’s body. Antonius stood looking at his recently departed love for days while Esmeralda stood behind him.

ARudhra

Honest Puck's Antonius and Esmeralda

Wow!

There is a lot going on in that story!

ARudhra

I dated that guy!

Hi Baroli~

My, my....your Pathos is someone I know. And then again, he is the guy before that, too. And maybe also the guy before that.

What a cool new angle from which to view the 8 of Pentacles. Thanks, Baroli!

Pretty neat, these Tarot stories. Great idea, Mary, for your purposes and our enjoyment. I am really enjoying this, Aeclectic Villagers!