The Outer Planets

Bernice

Oops, cross-posted :). We two (at the moment) can agree that Nature might play a large part in astrology.

Bee :)

eta: Having to be brief, engineer due any time, must be on the lookout.

Astrologically speaking, I wouldn't start with the bible. But I would incorporate Creation Myths :)

Sue Ward

Bernice said:
Oops, cross-posted :). We two (at the moment) can agree that Nature might play a large part in astrology.

Bee :)

eta: Having to be brief, engineer due any time, must be on the lookout.

Astrologically speaking, I wouldn't start with the bible. But I would incorporate Creation Myths :)

I have the same problem, Bee, so in haste.

I must press the point, astrology *is* representative of Nature and thus Creation. This is regardless of how astrology is applied.

Most other Creation stories repeat what is found in Genesis I, in one way or another, but I think that the Bible is very relevant for us as Western astrologers because of its history. As said, it isn't required to have a belief in its teachings.

Minderwiz

Don't worry about the possible advert Sue, as I've actually made reference to that very video and other resources on your site - along with other sites such as Skyscript.

It's always difficult on this, or any forum, to explain ideas and theories in depth, we always end up, with an over simplified account. However the ideas of the central importance of Day and Night, to human evolution both physiologically and psychologically are well argued in various academic texts, not just religious creation myths.

I would strongly advise those interested in this particular aspect of our thread to read the first four or five chapters of Nicholas Campion's 'The Dawn of Astrology', which looks at possible explanations of the origins of Astrological thought.