Sun, Moon, Rising, Mercury - Combination?

Minderwiz

I take a traditional approach, so I don't use the outer planets at all. However there is still a focus on the seventh House and it's planets - Mars, Sun, Venus and Mercury.

The approach from me would be to identify your temperament using the traditional humours, Sanguine (modern equivalent=Air), Choleric (Fire), Melancholy (Earth) and Phlegm (Water). The equivalents here are not perfect because the modern elements are imbued with psychological and other twentieth Century developments. You can find more details in the Traditional Approaches thread.

In your case a rough calculation suggests a blend of mainly Phlegm with Choler as the main minor humour. A mainly reflective, deliberative, adaptive character which has the drive necessary to prevent too much drift and the ability to get things done once (and if) a decision is reached - but that might take some time coming. Adaption means that you can think outside the box (and you do have some sanguinity which might encourage this). So the drive of your Choleric side might well be steered in novel directions.

In terms of your mind you're likely to function better if you let your rational mind guide your intuition rather than the other way round but they do dovetail together quite well as your Moon (intuitive or animal mind) is in a partile sextile to Mercury (rational Mind)

Mercury's role in all of this is relatively minor, the key immediate players in your case are Moon, Sun, and Mars (Moon ruler). The Traditional Approach also uses phase relationships (which is where Rudhyar got the idea from) and The Moon is in it's first quarter - a 'Spring' like quarter giving it that natural urge to grow and develop. Your Sun is in a Winter Sign, and that is an important contributor to the Phlegmatic, slow and reflective nature.

One other phase cycle is important in your chart and that is Venus. Venus is Cazimi - in the heart of it's conjunction with the Sun - this is a very strong position to be in and given its angularity and direct nature it's more the planet that you should watch rather than Mercury I haven't done a complete calculation but there's a very good chance that over all, Venus is the strongest planet in your chart.

Again I'd echo Dave's caveat that blind readings are at best sketches but like him, I'd also say that Mercury is not something you should be primarily concerned with - Venus offers much more possibilities - IF you use her. That's not to say that Mercury is unimportant - but in your chart Venus and the highly dignified Saturn conjunct the ninth cusp of the ninth House, Which rules dreams, mysticism, vision, inspiration, Astrology and other spiritual aspects of life (appropriately ruled by Jupiter) is also one to watch for your spiritual development. Saturn in Aquarius is the teacher and you have the invitational.

ChillaB

just some thoughts

Dear Souldier3,

Just by looking at the Moon and her sign, your core inner need is that you need to be 'Numero Uno' and you'll make it all happen with the Capricorn ever-hard-working Sun! end of story.

Later in life you will want to be your own boss in your own company - do your own thing - it is very important, because Moon rules your Ascendant, therefore, if your basic inner need is not fulfiled, you don't feel happy.

The western hemisphere emphasize of your horoscope suggests that you are giving yourself away to other people (screaming always - here, here I am, I'll help you, please take me with you, because I can't be with myself!).

You need to be needed, and that can cause that sometimes you feel pushed around and victimized by others, by circumstances, by world. Also there is a tremendous suggestion in your horoscope (by Moon itself), that your Mother/female influance in your life is one of a very important one, maybe mother running the 'business' in home. There are other questions about early life developments, but you are very young.

There is also a strong idealism suggested in your horoscope, which can run away with you, and I need to ask you (or you ask yourself) why? What are you idealizing? Why?

And a very important question you must ask yourself : What is your creative outlet????? (there are 3 quintiles in your horoscope and other things, confirming that there MUST be a creative outlet where you can all let it just go).

My advise is the same as the others, to get a detailed consultation (a dialog, not a monologue (!!!!) of an astrologer) with an experienced astrologer about your development and potentials for growing, and never forget your NEED!!! You need to be #1 :)

All the best,

ChillaB.

SOULdier3

Sorry it's taken so long, been busy!

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate you all taking your time to give me so much information. :)

SOULdier3

dadsnook2000 said:
What you presented in your early posts and what the chart shows are two completely different pictures! This is a perfect example of why an astrologer doesn't want to work with only part of the information.

Forget about Mercury.
** You have a stellium in Capricorn in the 7th house composed of Neptune, Mars, Uranus, Sun and Venus.
** Saturn in the 8th is closely square Pluto in the 5th.
** There is a weak square from Mercury to Jupiter, 7th to 5th houses.
** The Moon is in the 10th, near the MC, but making only a sextile to Mercury.
** North Node conjoins Pluto in the 5th.

When looking at a chart in which there is not a clear focus among the many patterns to be found there, I tend to first consider the Sun-Moon relationship, in this case the Moon is in the "Worker" phase, suggesting that your life, as you enter adulthood, is a struggle to be free of the past, to find your own values and be an independent person. This struggle "against" may relate to your family upbringing and situation, or it might be the schooling that you experienced, or even a religious training. In any case, more than is typical for someone your age, you are seeking to become "you" and not be tied to expectations of others.

When looking at Sun in the 7th and Moon in the 10th, we see one who is deeply involved with others and feels that they are on an emotional stage in which they might have to reflect the values of another. This fits with the Cancer Ascendant, also, as it points to on who can be easily hurt and harbors resentment over the perceived slights of others.

Sun conjunct Venus suggests one who likes refined environments, dresses nicely, and would tend to be mild mannered and pleasant.

The Neptune-Mars-Uranus combo suggests a basic lack of inertia, or one whose emotions brings other aspect of life to a halt. This could relate to any number of situations such as being oriented towards mystical pursuits, or medical-physical health issues wherein mobility or strength his compromised. This is a complex pattern and dialog would be needed to make any pursuit of this area of your chart worthwhile.

This is also true of the Saturn-Pluto square which can show up in many ways on a personal level, most of those manifestations involving a struggle against certain odds or long-standing situations.

This all of the comments that I would choose to make in a public forum, the rest would be better explored privately between yourself and some type of counselor or a local astrologer whom you know and trust in their capabilities.

Keep in mind that blind readings such as these brief comments can only address what seems typical and obvious. We all find our unique ways to live our charts and express our symbols. We also have to merge our potential with that of those with whom we interact, and we have to deal with life as it comes at us each day. So, take these as general comments only. Dave

I definitely agree that I'm at an independent point right now, really developing who I am. I'm not sure about the moon sign aspect, maybe I'm just not as connected with that facet of my life at the moment? I actually feel I have trouble connecting with others on an emotional level and have very thick skin. As far as the Neptune-Mars-Uranus combo, I think that is very fitting of me. Thanks for your time and effort, again I apologize for the slow response and the mere thank you. I had intended to respond more in depth, but my internet has been a bit crazy lately so I figured a thank you via my cell phone was better than nothing! Haha again, my mistake. :)

Minderwiz said:
I take a traditional approach, so I don't use the outer planets at all. However there is still a focus on the seventh House and it's planets - Mars, Sun, Venus and Mercury.

The approach from me would be to identify your temperament using the traditional humours, Sanguine (modern equivalent=Air), Choleric (Fire), Melancholy (Earth) and Phlegm (Water). The equivalents here are not perfect because the modern elements are imbued with psychological and other twentieth Century developments. You can find more details in the Traditional Approaches thread.

In your case a rough calculation suggests a blend of mainly Phlegm with Choler as the main minor humour. A mainly reflective, deliberative, adaptive character which has the drive necessary to prevent too much drift and the ability to get things done once (and if) a decision is reached - but that might take some time coming. Adaption means that you can think outside the box (and you do have some sanguinity which might encourage this). So the drive of your Choleric side might well be steered in novel directions.

In terms of your mind you're likely to function better if you let your rational mind guide your intuition rather than the other way round but they do dovetail together quite well as your Moon (intuitive or animal mind) is in a partile sextile to Mercury (rational Mind)

Mercury's role in all of this is relatively minor, the key immediate players in your case are Moon, Sun, and Mars (Moon ruler). The Traditional Approach also uses phase relationships (which is where Rudhyar got the idea from) and The Moon is in it's first quarter - a 'Spring' like quarter giving it that natural urge to grow and develop. Your Sun is in a Winter Sign, and that is an important contributor to the Phlegmatic, slow and reflective nature.

One other phase cycle is important in your chart and that is Venus. Venus is Cazimi - in the heart of it's conjunction with the Sun - this is a very strong position to be in and given its angularity and direct nature it's more the planet that you should watch rather than Mercury I haven't done a complete calculation but there's a very good chance that over all, Venus is the strongest planet in your chart.

Again I'd echo Dave's caveat that blind readings are at best sketches but like him, I'd also say that Mercury is not something you should be primarily concerned with - Venus offers much more possibilities - IF you use her. That's not to say that Mercury is unimportant - but in your chart Venus and the highly dignified Saturn conjunct the ninth cusp of the ninth House, Which rules dreams, mysticism, vision, inspiration, Astrology and other spiritual aspects of life (appropriately ruled by Jupiter) is also one to watch for your spiritual development. Saturn in Aquarius is the teacher and you have the invitational.

Wow, I'm really new to all of this if you couldn't tell, so once again I appreciate all of the help. I would agree with what you said about my nature, and I also like the way you described the relationship I have between Mercury and the Moon, that made a lot of sense to me. As far as the Venus and Saturn, I will definitely pay much more attention to that. Strikes some sort of heart string in me...

Very very helpful. I know I can't get very much detail out of blind readings, but I do appreciate the effort and this is a really good start for me.

ChillaB said:
Just by looking at the Moon and her sign, your core inner need is that you need to be 'Numero Uno' and you'll make it all happen with the Capricorn ever-hard-working Sun! end of story.

Later in life you will want to be your own boss in your own company - do your own thing - it is very important, because Moon rules your Ascendant, therefore, if your basic inner need is not fulfiled, you don't feel happy.

The western hemisphere emphasize of your horoscope suggests that you are giving yourself away to other people (screaming always - here, here I am, I'll help you, please take me with you, because I can't be with myself!).

You need to be needed, and that can cause that sometimes you feel pushed around and victimized by others, by circumstances, by world. Also there is a tremendous suggestion in your horoscope (by Moon itself), that your Mother/female influance in your life is one of a very important one, maybe mother running the 'business' in home. There are other questions about early life developments, but you are very young.

There is also a strong idealism suggested in your horoscope, which can run away with you, and I need to ask you (or you ask yourself) why? What are you idealizing? Why?

And a very important question you must ask yourself : What is your creative outlet????? (there are 3 quintiles in your horoscope and other things, confirming that there MUST be a creative outlet where you can all let it just go).

My advise is the same as the others, to get a detailed consultation (a dialog, not a monologue (!!!!) of an astrologer) with an experienced astrologer about your development and potentials for growing, and never forget your NEED!!! You need to be #1 :)

All the best,

ChillaB.

Hah! Writing is definitely my creative outlet and what I want to do in life. And you're absolutely right about my need to be Number 1... Would you say that makes me somewhat selfish and insensitive? The only thing you said that I don't quite know if I agree with is the need to be needed, but perhaps that will come later in life? I consider myself to be quite independent, and I actually struggle to connect to others on an emotional basis - I also am almost repulsed by emotionally needy/clingy people. Could that have something to do with my moon sign in Aries keeping me so strongly independent?

Me and my mother are very close indeed - some of the information you drew from the reading was very accurate, which inspires me to seek out a consultation with an astrologist in person. Thank you so much and I'll definitely keep an eye out on everything you outlined.

I'd also like to issue an apology to everyone who responded to this thread. It was never my intention to offend with my brief response, as I'd been planning on responding more in depth later on. At the time I was just barely being able to get the internet on my phone to work correctly, but that's no excuse. I should've told you all that I was having technological difficulties and that I would reply later on! I really do appreciate all of the work that went into this.

<3

-Ashton