"Hedgewytch" cartomancy practice

silverwings94

Thanks WendyWu for explaining this and clearing it up for me. I was just a little worried that I wouldn't be able to particapate.
My cards and journal are ready when ever this starts to take place,
I am out the door in a few minutes to go to my Braille class and finish up a few things on my manuscript beforre I get it all printed out to send to the Library of Congress so I can get certified to transcribe books into Braille for the blind and visually impaired.
See you al later,
Namaste,
Kat

thinbuddha

I don't think that playing cards have enough discussion to warrant a separate sub-forum. The only reason I brought the idea up is that I thought there was discussion of adding a Hedgewytch sub-forum.

Halo_n_Wingz

Did the group ever come to be? I'm very interested!

inertia

Unfortunately, nothing so far.. Personally, i turned to regina russel's method..

Halo_n_Wingz

Unfortunately, nothing so far.. Personally, i turned to regina russel's method..

Oh too bad...

How's that method working for you? Any good resources so I can check it out?

O:)

goosegirl

I'm sorry. How does this sound?

I apologize, on 2 fronts. The first is due to a stumbling block with the material and the second is family (the first can always be improved upon, right :) )

As I started sorting through the material it seemed to me that it wasn't very learner-friendly. The poem at the beginning is a great hook and teaches you a lot of material quickly, material you'll be able to recall in a flash because it's like a song or a nursery rhyme. Rhymes are just easier to remember and, a lot like the tarot, when you get stumped with what to say, the tarot advises to remember a key word and talk it out. I was thinking with Hedgewytchery, what if there was a rhyme scheme that matched up the cards as they lay with a condensed, quick answer that you could rely on? In this way, then, Hedgewytchery would be like an onion, layers of meaning, only they'd be easy to recall and stitch together (most importantly, rhymes regarding sequencing.) Mainly I'm thinking of trying this for the witch of poor memory section since these are the most elemental bits and everything from there's either a clarification or an additional meaning, but there's no reason it couldn't stretch to fit the other "chapters." (I've already begun the rhyme-work. I guess you could consider it a supplement or a sequel to the original Hedgewytchery text.)

If it sounds like a worthwhile way to go, let me know and we'll start with the first chapter 24 hrs after hearing back from someone that it's a "go" since the first bit's basically put together (I'll type it up and finish it now, just in case.) Then at least for the first 3 weeks, until I've hit my stride, it'd just be one lesson/wk while I'm constructing the rhymes to jibe with the material. Or how about this--what we could do is a lesson the first part of the week, reading for someone/sharing the reading/sharing ideas/generally bouncing things around and doing an open Q & A on that second day/wk. Then, once/month, we could all read from an anonymous volunteer--someone here at Aeclectic. And...How about something special for Halloween? (I'm not sure what, but it's better than Christmas to me, lol, and maybe it's the same for some of you here.)

I'm sorry to put everyone out, but if you'd still like to give it a go, I'd be very happy to be there learning along with you

blessed be,

goosegirl

silverwings94

Sounds good to me. I'm ready to download the information. I like this idea of putting the information into a binder.
Let me know when your ready to do this.
Kat

goosegirl

Great! I'll post the first part in the next 24 hrs.

A little caveat, thankfully, from Wendywu today reminded me that technically, due to copyright protection for us all, I can't technically advise you to print out the Hedgewytchery writings. However, there's a link earlier in this thread (I find it and post it closer to here) that you might want to reference for the Hedgewytchery study group. http://web.archive.org/web/20080412025849/www.hedgewytchery.com/cartomancy.html

Copyright has an upside, though :) Anything I should write (esp. so long as reference quotes are kept to a minimum and cited) you *can* print out for your own use, should that make things easier for you :) (Thanks again, Wendywu!) Copyright law considers the internet a form of publication and once you've been published, you're work's protected :)

Halo_n_Wingz

I already printed the entire archived website a while back, and it resides in a 3ring binder! :) Its easier to refer to than the site, since I'm not always somewhere where I can access it.

I'm very interested!

junheng

The Coven Spread and the Wheel Spread

Dear people

I've just started working on Dawn Hedgewych's cartomancy and notice that in the intermediate section the diagrams for the layout of these two spreads is missing on the archive server.

Does anybody know what these spreads look like? Ok, I guess one is in pairs and the other looks like a wheel :) but I wonder if anyone has any more specific knowledge. Maybe someone took notes from the original server?

Many many thanks!

David :)