Wildwood Tarot

Jewel

Jyscal said:
I dont own any of these decks yet, but will definately keep tabs on this one. A friend of mine has the Sacred circle, but im not sure will be similiar to this, with a Celtic backround? Very interesting!
If the new version is anything like the Greenwood it will be very different from the Sacred Circle.

Moonsparkle

I missed this thread earlier. The Greenwood is one of my very favorite tarot decks that I will probably never own, having discovered it when it was already in collector status.

It sounds like the Wildwood won't be a reissue of the Greenwood I'd love to have, but I'm very interested in seeing what it does turns out to be. But, I'd really love a reissue of the Greenwood....just saying...

SolSionnach

lark said:
http://www.virginialee.co.uk/

This is the possible artists website...so you can get a feel for what the cards might look like.
After looking a much of her work at the link above, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be getting that deck. I've pretty much had it with landscapes that are actually people, or "tree people" - that's why I handed my Green Man Tree Oracle on - I despise faces which are masked in a tree trunk, or formed by oddly symmetrical ivy vines or some such.

Too bad. :(

Nevada

So this isn't the Greenwood back in print. It's just kinda sorta maybe like the Greenwood? I'm not sure that fills the bill for me, I've longed for the real thing so long. I don't want a Greenwood wannabe. :(

Or did I misunderstand?

Jewel

Nevada said:
So this isn't the Greenwood back in print. It's just kinda sorta maybe like the Greenwood? I'm not sure that fills the bill for me, I've longed for the real thing so long. I don't want a Greenwood wannabe. :(

Or did I misunderstand?
Actually I would say it is based on the Greenwood from I gather. It will take the concept and premiss and be done a new (sort of like a movie remake *LOL*), so I am glad they changed the title because it will not be the same deck.

MysticalMoose

Well I for one was fascinated by the art on that website :) & I'll be very interested to see a deck featuring those scenes or similar!

MM :heart:

Jewel

MysticalMoose said:
Well I for one was fascinated by the art on that website :) & I'll be very interested to see a deck featuring those scenes or similar!
Me too!

SolSionnach

Nevada said:

Or did I misunderstand?
No, you didn't, Nevada.
I think that if you compare the art on the original Celtic Shaman's Pack (Potter's work) to the new Celtic Shaman's Pack, you might get an idea how the Wildwood would differ from teh Greenwood.

I haven't seen the new CSP, FWIW.

If the new art follows the old art very closely, then it might be worth the purchase. But if the cards are all new - no way for me. Of course, I have the original, which I got back in the day and paid retail. Perhaps if I didn't have it the Wildwood would make some sense for me.

magpie9

Does anyone know if there is a projected publishing date?