Soul Radiance Tarot

spunch

Created some cards - PLEASE FEEDBACK!

Hi there.

I've been trying to create some Tarot cards, using Photoshop so I would really like if you go there and tell me what you think.

Here is the link:

http://web.vip.hr/davor.planinec.vip/

This is my first attempt ever, so don't be too critical! ;)

p.s. I haven't been using anybody as an inspiration. These cards are my own creation, images that came from within

p.s.2 - The cards are much nicer when they are not so small. Trust me! ;)

Gerbear

Greetings

I responded to your feedback request, but just let me say again that these cards really resonate with me. Please keep us informed of any new cards.

Rhiannon

Very nice, spunch!

The globs in the Sun card remind me of orange sherbert.... what a wonderful sunny, summery treat! Perfect!

I also really like the water lilies in the moon.

R :)

Demonesse

Very lovely, spunch!! Please do keep up the excellent work. Like Rhiannon said, the lilies under the Moon are gorgeous. (Try to copyright your work though - not everyone is above plaigarizing your ideas/designs.)

Page

feedback

I responded to your feedback request :D

Your a winner!

Maud:*

jema

wow! these are very very nice!
i love them, the colours and the mood in them. you are quite an artist.
especially the moon was lovely.

Astraea

Excellent, Beautiful Work

Spunch, I really like these cards! I mean, I REALLY do! They are beautifully designed and executed and carry the attention inward. I will be among the first to acquire your deck, whenever it's ready for distribution. :)

spunch

Jesus, guys! Thank you so so so so so so much for your feedback. I know the cards are nice. I made them! ;) Well, just kidding, of course. It is so nice to see other people appreciate your work. I don't know about the copyright. Maybe I should put a watermark on each one of them just to protect them. Do you really think somebody would like to steal the idea?

Anyway. I'm planning, with time, to make the whole deck. As I learn about the cards, I will create some cards (and of course, when the time allowes it!) Do you think one day somebody would like to use them for their readings?

One more thing, though. If I start copy-pasting images from the internet (I mean people) I'm afraid it will start to look too much like Cosmic Tribe. And I don't want to copy somebody else's work. Just out of couriosity - could it be OK if I make cards with no people on them?

Once again, you are all great! Thank you very much for your support and comments!

I love you all!!!!

Astraea

Deck Images

Spunch -- the question of whether or not to use photographic images of people in your deck is one that many will feel strongly about, I'm sure. Personally, I can't bear photo-collage decks featuring actual people, because the photos seem to bind me to the particular appearance of those persons, in a way that drawings do not. That said...it might be challenging to create an entire deck without people (especially the Majors), unless you visually depicted the archetypal energies behind the card titles in some way that is "pre-human." It's an interesting concept.

I do think it would be a good idea for you to put a faint watermark in your images, using the layering capability of Photoshop. Many people here (myself included) have had their work stolen on the Internet, and anything you can do to protect yourself would be helpful. I would advise you to check your country's copyright laws for more detailed information.

Based on the images I have seen, I would definitely like to read with cards you design.

spunch

So, following your advice, Astraea, I put some watermark / sign on my cards. They don't look so nice now ;) Anyway, I guess if somebody wants to steal the idea, they can do it easily anyway. If you really think that this is something people could buy in due time, than I'll undertake some steps to protect the work.

Now, I'm really thinking of the idea to create 'people-less' cards. I think I am able to think of some symbols for the Major arcana and this could really be a challenge.

What do the others think of this idea (creating Majors without people on them)? Is there such a deck out there, anyway?