2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Carla

I will order it, too. Been waiting a long time for this. Fingers crossed no printing problems as with BG2.

blackrainbow

I will be getting this. its been on my wish list for a couple of years.

Pam O

It never appealed to me before, though I do admit the pictures of this new deck are lovely. The pictures of the old deck were lovely too. Now I have two versions to decide whether or not I want either or both or none??? Re-doing decks is problematic for those who have trouble with decisions! :) If I didn't want the first, why would I want the second; and if I want the second, will I start wanting the (unavailable) first? or would I refuse to get the second if I never got the first??

OUCH!!!

Victorian is so NOT my style. I would have NEVER bought this from online pictures.
I was lucky enough to be able to go to Reader's Studio '09 in NYC. Mary Greer did a "class" where we sat in a circle of 5 with our chosen decks. We would go around the circle and we would pull a card from anyone's deck, then read it for the person next to us.

Someone in my table's circle had the VR. For some reason completely unknown to me, I kept finding myself pulling her cards to read when it was my turn to read. I could not understand my attraction at all to that deck! Well, I had her write down the name of the deck for me, and then I searched it when I got home.

When I did buy the VR, everything changed for me, because I had just experienced my 1st Magic Realist Press deck! Now I have almost every version of every deck they ever made. There is something so special about MRP decks. It is unexplainable. You can only experience it for yourself... Maybe you too will get to experience the MRP "magic" Morwenna. The new edition will be affordable, then you can decide from there if you are going to continue down that MRP path. :)

Grizabella

They are definitely changing the Queen of Swords card, new image is already up on their Facebook page.

I searched on FB for "Magic Realist Press" and there's no information there yet. Where did you see it, Iris? Can you post the link?

Incidentally, the Bohemian Gothic card stock never got floppy like the VR decks but yet they insisted it was the same card stock on both decks. I don't know what happened there.

Astraea

Many times over the years, I've bought decks that looked wonderful in scans but disappointing in person. To me, the opposite is true of the Victorian Romantic - scans don't begin to do it justice, it's that beautiful and special. I am looking forward to the new edition, too.

Pam O

I searched on FB for "Magic Realist Press" and there's no information there yet. Where did you see it, Iris? Can you post the link?

Here are links:
victorianromantic.com
baba-store.com

Hopefully this loooooong link will work from AT here. It is public, so you don't have to have a fb account. Also, the fb link is on the pages above.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vict...e_August_Newsletter7_22_2011&utm_medium=email

Incidentally, the Bohemian Gothic card stock never got floppy like the VR decks but yet they insisted it was the same card stock on both decks. I don't know what happened there.
I prefer the older card stock of the 1st editions. It never got "floppy" for me either. Personally the 1st edition card stock is DEFINITELY my favorite, probably true fav all the decks I own... :) I do like the Russian VR card stock too. The 2nd edition BG card stock is not as "comfortable" for my hands to shuffle with.

Cocobird55

This is my favorite deck of all time. I'm looking forward to the new edition, as well as the new book. I wonder if they are updating the book with the new cards. That would be wonderful!

I do like the new Queen of Swords better.

Bat Chicken

I would love to see the 2nd ed. VR in the kind of box the BG Pewter was in. The Fantastic Menagerie is my favourite MRP deck, but the VR (I have the Gold) is a very close second. I will likely spring for this one....

Pam O

This is my favorite deck of all time. I'm looking forward to the new edition, as well as the new book. I wonder if they are updating the book with the new cards. That would be wonderful!

I do like the new Queen of Swords better.

Here is the quote from the Baba email:
Will you reprint the companion books?
We hope to reprint some of them. Right now, the only firm plan is a reprint of a revised Victorian Romantic Tarot companion book. It will be out this autumn.