how many spread cloths have you got?

Alta

I have a beautiful one, made to order by Sulis. I originally got it for my Druid Sticks but find it is just a generally perfect cloth. Fairly large, about 30" by 30", black with gold repeating spiral pattern.

WolfyJames

I only have one spreadcloth, the one I made with a cute Halloween design on top. I never use my spreadcloth at home but I bring it when I read elsewhere so my cards don't get dirty.

hippiewitchie

I have 1 or 2- those black cheesy- ones that came with a deck, with the celtic cross printed on it- Bleck! I use one to wrap my Druid Craft in kuz I don't have a bag. I don't even know where the other one is. Maybe one of these days...

Golden Moon

I got...

1. Black Felt

2. Red Polyester

Grizabella

I have 5 or 6. A couple of them were made for me by AJ--one with dragonflies on it, and one for my Housewives Tarot made from vintage fabric. I also have a third one made for me by AJ that looks like a Victorian crazy quilt to use with my Victorian Romantic. I have yet to do some finishing touches and put the backing on that one. I embellished it with beads, buttons, lace, and embroidery. And then a Christmas quilt one made by AJ that I haven't had time to work on. I think she said she did that one to figure out how to do a crazy quilt but it's very, very cute, anyway.

Then I have one made by franniee, one made by High Desert Garden in a Halloween print, and a big square of black silk that's a spreadcloth but I can't stand the feel of silk.

I don't use any of them but the one for the Victorian Romantic will definitely be used once I back it and put some ecru lace around it. Also, the Halloween one will be used at Halloween. If I did more reading in public I'd use them all.

morticia monroe

Without intending to, I have become a thorhammer snob. She does the BEST spreadcloths! Beautiful fabrics. Nice textures, rich colors, and never so busy that they detract from the cards. And they're always reversible, so you get two for one. :) And the perfect size as well.

Somehow, all my others have been abandoned.
I think she sells them, and I recommend her highly.

Lilija

I have seven or eight large (1 yard, or more) pieces of solid colored cloth, in varying textures, that I put over my stainless table, when reading. Stainless steel is such a cold surface, and it's somewhat reflective. I only use a cloth when I'm at my table, or in public, and it's just a huge "tablecloth" sort of thing. I prefer this pewter watery not very slick satin, or black velvet. I don't have them hemmed or anything. I should really work on that. I lose at sewing, even just hemming. I've been meaning to get some actual nicer looking cloths, for when I read for the general public.

AJ

Nevada said:
Two, but I only use one with any frequency:

2) The second came with my DruidCraft, but it's too slippery. I sometimes use it to wrap the deck in.

eeuuu...that polyester piece o' crap. That is about as unDruidlike as I can think. The only thing that ever came with a deck that I threw away :(

Originally I intended to make bags and spreadcloths for each deck I got. Then I realized how many decks there were in the world, and that some of them I wouldn't keep anyway, and that I didn't like deck bags, so I have about 8-10 double-sided ones. I love using them, but don't always. Depends on what and where I'm reading.

They certainly aren't necessary, but can help set intent for important readings.

And like Griz, the feel of silk gives me the heebeejeebees

Marcia959

I don't usually use one, but have a bunch of silk scarves (hey, heebeejeebee is GREAT) if I ever get the urge.

AJ

You have to be 18 or older to have heebeejeebee's ;)