The Tarot of Vampyres

Annabloem

I really like this, and will be waiting to see more ^^

zan_chan

Le Fanu said:

Seriously. I just checked my stopwatch and it says that vampires have now been popular for 14 minutes, 58 seconds. Will this one make it in before the buzzer?

Emily

I've just checked out the pics - it is lovely but that doesn't make it readable for me. If I was still collecting just for the artwork then I would make this deck part of my collection but, unfortunately, I'm not and I have enough vampire decks already that I can't read.

But saying that, there are readers out there who will love this deck to pieces and be able to read with it no problem. :)

jcwirish

I have to admit, I'm getting a bit tired of vampires! How many decks can be made about vampires? Where's the werewolf deck?

jackdaw*

Because if there's one thing the world needs now it's yet ANOTHER vampire Tarot ... sigh.

la-luna

Pagan X said:
But, dang, they are doing a lot of daring things here in this deck.

Since when did the cross stop repelling vampires? Check out the Magician!

And then the Heirophant-- the Star of David and the Wiccan Pentacle don't hurt them either.

Indeed what's happening there - these vampires look as if they are a bit to fond of the things they should be fearing...

Dont get me wrong i love this deck already - and i will buy it, it just bugs me a bit...

jackdaw* said:
Because if there's one thing the world needs now it's yet ANOTHER vampire Tarot ... sigh.

Well thanks to among others the 'twilight books and movies it will remain a very popular theme for some time i think...to a point of overkill and then fade away

Le Fanu

jcwirish said:
I have to admit, I'm getting a bit tired of vampires! How many decks can be made about vampires? Where's the werewolf deck?
I agree. But Vampires (or vampyres if you want to be truly 19th Century) are just not as sexy or - more importantly - not as teen girl, as werewolves.

I'd love a proper werewolf deck more I think, but then it might run a bit thin after a couple of cards; werewolf *bearded lady* Empress? Could it run for 78 cards? I suppose these vampire decks manage to sustain the theme for 78 cards so there is no reason why a werewolf deck couldn't.

It's because they're trendy and publishers think we want more. And more. And more...

I'll be honest, the style and technique of art on this one is rather unoriginal to me, and looks like so much other illustrative work around out there now that I feel it will date very easily. The truly successful decks in my opinion are the ones which have a much more unique touch which this one doesn't have. But that's just me...

jcwirish

Le Fanu said:
I agree. But Vampires (or vampyres if you want to be truly 19th Century) are just not as sexy or - more importantly - not as teen girl, as werewolves.

I'd love a proper werewolf deck more I think, but then it might run a bit thin after a couple of cards; werewolf *bearded lady* Empress? Could it run for 78 cards? I suppose these vampire decks manage to sustain the theme for 78 cards so there is no reason why a werewolf deck couldn't.

It's because they're trendy and publishers think we want more. And more. And more...

I'll be honest, the style and technique of art on this one is rather unoriginal to me, and looks like so much other illustrative work around out there now that I feel it will date very easily. The truly successful decks in my opinion are the ones which have a much more unique touch which this one doesn't have. But that's just me...

I don't really want a werewolf deck. I was trying to be funny, lol! I'm just tired of all these theme decks, especially vampires. Yes, they are commercially viable, but that just seems to repel me all the more.

Le Fanu

jcwirish said:
I don't really want a werewolf deck. I was trying to be funny, lol! I'm just tired of all these theme decks, especially vampires. Yes, they are commercially viable, but that just seems to repel me all the more.
Lol. Stick. Wrong end of. But I do think werewolves are currently being neglected. There are a few in the Vampire Tarot of the Eternal Night Tarot which I like but I do think that werewolves can be genuinely scarey... and it's time for their 15 minutes of fame!

jcwirish

Le Fanu said:
Lol. Stick. Wrong end of. But I do think werewolves are currently being neglected. There are a few in the Vampire Tarot of the Eternal Night Tarot which I like but I do think that werewolves can be genuinely scarey... and it's time for their 15 minutes of fame!

I agree! Vampires have had their time. Even zombies are quite hip these days, but the poor werewolf has been completely overlooked!