The Tarot of Vampyres

jcwirish

Okay, Buffy's a whole other story. Love Buffy! I still wouldn't buy the deck, but at least I'd be happy there were a couple of vampires in the tarot world who could laugh at themselves.

Annabelle

This deck looks like a knockout to me -- I'm LOVING what I've seen of it so far.

And I don't normally like the bloody variety of vampire decks, to be honest. But this one is fantastic; I'm definitely excited about it.

Shade

It's got a very Luis Royo feel to it.

annik

It is a very beautiful deck and it will go into my deck collection. A big attraction for the devil and the tower cards. A lesser one for the Emperor (I've seen better Emperor even if this one is decent)

the only thing that I don't like is how much vampire are hype lately (you know, twilight, etc) They are the fast selling of the horror genre. Probably always has been but I am starting to be a tiny bit tired of seeing all those vampires! It's almost like a bloody overdose.(I always wondered if Vampire could have an indigestion drinking too much blood)

No one have knowledge for a folkloric Werewolves tarot? I would see a werewolf hunt on the emperor card. Or a person having a wolf skin near the door with a moon shining through the window on the moon. Temperance would have someone doing a salve to transform a person into a werewolf. It would do a good deck with only the major.
Okay, I confess that I like vampire but my heart lean a bit more toward the werewolves...

Le Fanu

How wonderful not to know what or who Buffy is...

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
How wonderful not to know what or who Buffy is...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer? TV series created by the great Joss Whedon? Really? (I think you would've liked it, especially since the focus wasn't vampires. It was about good vs. evil, doing the right thing, growing up, sacrifice, loss, love, friendship... et cetera.) :)

Seriously, it's a witty and well written show.

So how about that Tarot of Vampyres? ;)

kittiann

annik said:
(I always wondered if Vampire could have an indigestion drinking too much blood)

According to Anne Rice, yes!

This deck sort of reminds me of her vampires. Very melodramatic, over-the-top, rebellious; and still somehow introspective and intelligent.

Shade

I do think it's funny that half the posts (including mine) express a sentiment of "Vampires again?!?" when people are still gushing about new fairy decks like the Twilight Realm. No one in the Lepidoptera people thread said "Wee winged ones again? Enough!"

Vesper

Shade said:
I do think it's funny that half the posts (including mine) express a sentiment of "Vampires again?!?" when people are still gushing about new fairy decks like the Twilight Realm. No one in the Lepidoptera people thread said "Wee winged ones again? Enough!"

Good point! It makes me realize I have NO fairy decks. I think I was traumatized at Girl Scout camp. The counselors told us when we put our elbows on the table we were "crushing the table fairies."

But, what about my cup and plate, I wanted to know... Aren't they killing fairies, too?

You know, the more I consider this deck, the more I want it. (That Magician is one hot manpyre)...

It will be nice to have a deck that objectifies men and women equally.

JennyNY39

I've pre-ordered. I love it! This may make up for my huge disappointment years ago when Tom Cruise was cast as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire...my all time favorite Vampire book. :)