Pictures of our Reading Spaces; 2010

Silver Crow

This is my table, that sits in front of me in the living room, I sit on the couch. I use a laptop desk thingy that has a soft bottom and flat top to do my spreads when I do phone readings, but this is how the table looks all the time. The notepad for the clients name and her questions - the decks I'm using right now, all ready to grab when the phone rings. I don't know what makes me grab a certain deck for a specific person but somehow I usually get it right.

Note - Cairn terrier to the left of table on adjacent couch, super sized German Shepherd on the floor behind table and perched throughout the rest of the room are two more Cairns and a very naughty Scotty. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 411

Silver Crow

Just beautiful Le Fanu! My table gets bumped by the big dog all the time and I would be afraid all those wonderful items would go flying. :)

shadowdancer

Le Fanu I am so pleased to see someone else who likes a shed load of other stuff on their table when doing readings :D :D

I swear I need a tardis for a table top most of the time. I am now in the luxury of having my own room set up (was a 4th bedroom but not any more) so have two tables now. One for where I do readings, one set up for me to leave out with all of the chakra arcana cards by Carol Herzer.

I have used this room and it is lovely. Table is big enough for me to use for personal readings, and also apt for when I do online readings. Laptop sits there, and the wooden runner has the cards upright next to the laptop so as to make good use of space. The coasters are ones I made using the Fool card from one of Ciro's decks (which he knows about and gave permission for personal use).

The larger table has photos of all those who have been dear to me. Other bumpf as well, but the cards are the glitter chakra arcana cards. I use them in readings, but also use them for ongoing/distant healing. Some have quartz points on, directing and enhancing the energy from the card, with the names of those receiving the healing underneath the relevant card. A deck I just know is special for its versatility.

And my favourite...

that gaming chair has speakers in the sides. I have a small mp3 player with loads of meditations on it. This is plugged in, hidden discreetly behind, and voila - lovely music being played during the reading.

Just got to get some nice pictures for the walls, some warmer weather (it faces the wrong way, gets no sun and is absolutely freezing at the moment) and I will be happy as the proverbial pig in mud there :D

Davina

Attachments

• room layout.jpg
    room layout.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 386
  • healing layout table.jpg
    healing layout table.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 349
  • reading table close up.jpg
    reading table close up.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 356

willoe

GadgetGirl said:
Do you think if I asked really nicely if you show us how you store your decks? :) I've been dying to see for ages as you seem to have such novel and wonderful ways of keeping your decks.

Can I second this request? :)

Lunalyn

thank you for sharing those pictures. I liked all of them.

lyn

Le Fanu

Love those images!

Silver Crow, is that a trimmed PCS Commemorative deck I see? Love the slumbering dogs, your sign and everything ready to go!

And I love those Chakra cards, shadowdancer; I'd never seen them before but they look great all laid out.

As regards my storage, honestly, it really is nothing at all special. I have a shelving unit I found in the street, not unlike the ones flanking shadowdancer's table. Plus a couple of shorter shelving units. Favourite decks are in bags and in three wooden trunk things. I'll do pics, but nothing exciting really.... and however much space I had to store, it would still look cluttered!

HearthCricket

Le Fanu~Beautiful and mystical. I love it. There is deep power in that reading space. I can feel it from here!

Davina~Love those Chakra cards and the healing that just radiates from that table. I can just imagine passing your hand over it and feeling the love!

Here is Vlad Rabbit, thoroughly enjoying his Rabbit Tarot. Of course, he set himself up at my favourite corner of the table. I am upstairs in the heat! Might have to change that.

Also pics of my computer area where I keep my one card pull from the Wild Wisdom of the Faeries Oracle.

Attachments

• VladRabbitTarot1.jpg
    VladRabbitTarot1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 366
  • VladRabbitTarot2.jpg
    VladRabbitTarot2.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 297
  • ComputerAreaJuly4th2010.jpg
    ComputerAreaJuly4th2010.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 340
  • ComputerAreaJuly4th20101.jpg
    ComputerAreaJuly4th20101.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 294

Yasmin

I LOVE Vlad! I can see the glean in his eye as he studies the Rabbit deck.

mentalista

I'd love to have one of these but I tend to spread the cards out real wide, so I have to use the floor. And I have to sit on the floor for some reason, which I pretty much never do for anything besides tarot. ;) Hm...Maybe a very long, very low table is in order.

shadowdancer

I think I need to say they are chakra cards but with 22 of them having Major Arcana characters added. Makes for a Majors only deck (if you wish to use it that way) or a chakra deck on its own (each chakra is shown individually and also in pairs) or you can use both systems.

Carol explains it all in her book that comes with the deck. Absolutely brilliant in idea and execution. I use them for healing as shown, and as a reading deck also using the system she recommends. As a Majors only deck it is a corker and one with a difference

Davina

PS wanted to do a reading yesterday in there but it was so cold. Alas NZ does not go for central heating and the double glazing here is not the standard we have been used to in parts of Europe. Socks are also being worn in bed which I never, ever did in the UK...lol

I have now got a nice card system of 8 spreads which cover all the major questions I get asked. They incorporate a tarot deck, this chakra arcana deck and some of the spreads also use the chakra deck I have created and printed for my own use. this is made up of 104 cards incorporating 8 chakras, and believe it or not - 16 different interpretations possible for chakras 2 - 6.
Cannot wait to put it all to practise. Either 1, 2 or 3 decks can be used per reading. The chakra one I have created is used for card positions where we look at how a situation is effecing the querant on an energy or emotional/mental level and I can then talk through repercussions etc. the tarot decks look at how to maybe address the issues, factors to consider etc.

Davina