Shelley, Bride of Frankendecken ~ Journal

littlethings

It’s been a busy week here, but Shelley and I have been able to spend a little time together. I’m very much looking forward to the weekend to have more time to get to know her better. She really has a very special vibe to her. The only downside so far is that after seeing some of the beautiful decks that make up Shelley, my wish list has grown………..a lot. :)

The weather here this weekend is going to be much nicer than last weekend (when we had snow!) so Shelley and I will be heading out to explore. I can’t wait!

Here's a quick pic of Shelley and some friends on her first day here.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 153

littlethings

Shelley's visit to Salem MA

will post asap!

littlethings

Salem part 2

coming soon :)

littlethings

salem part 3

be back soon...

yirabeth

Well Shelley came to visit me one late Saturday night after I got home from a long road trip to visit my son. It had been a difficult visit which didn't end well (not his fault however) and so I was fairly stressed when I did get home...and found Shelley awaiting me :) I'd like to say I rushed in and opened her right up but...I didn't :p I let the dogs out, got jumped all over a bit, listened to the cat whine that I was gone ALL DAY!!! and promised to beat myself for it, stuffed a walnut in the bird's mouth to shut her up, etc. :D THEN I opened her up....

I have to admit it was a bit of a shock at first. I had expected this almost-sacred deck full of vibes and presence...what I felt was was dismay. The tremendous size variation was very offputting, I had expected size variation but this was far beyond what I ever expected. And going from card to card felt jarring due to the diversity in artists; how would I read with this?? So I pm'ed Cardlady, asking what do I do? She was her usual kind self, and recommended I just set it aside for the moment and relax after my harrowing day..(she already knew about it hehe) SO I did!

Best advice ever ♥ While I didn't connect with Shelley in the manner I have connected with my main reading deck, I had the presence of mind to sit back and THINK about what I should expect out of a deck of cards that had all its members chosen for it in an almost random manner. I decided what I really should have expected was a friend. And, as a friend, I would invite her into my life, show her what I was about, and hope to send her to her next stop with more good vibes and plenty of love :) And so, that's what I did.

Well I had a fairly sedate week; it's getting to be winter here. Cold, but not yet pretty...so all the fun summer stuff is over with, but the winter play hasn't started yet! So I stayed indoors with her.

The first photo shows Shelley meeting some of my African Violets -- I'm a very big African violet fancier, and have a 6 foot tall 5-shelf setup of them. African violets are wonderful plants that are protective, and also promote spirituality in the home. They also bring cheer in the winter months where there seems to be hardly any light and the skies are all gray, with their gorgeous blooms ♥

I also went ahead with the reading I'd planned on doing for my dog, Lilah. She is 17 years old, and in the twilight of her time with me -- I have been putting off doing what I must do, but other family members have gotten firm with me about it. I needed to read about it, and try to reconcile myself with what is coming. Originally I'd intended to do the entire reading with Shelley. When I realized I would be unable to focus correctly due to my own inadequacy in dealing with her minor issues, I decided I would begin the reading with my main deck as usual, but then pull the specific cards that matched from Shelley. In this way I could gain additional insight without having to worry about glaring differences in card size or style :p

This worked VERY well and I highly recommend it :) I don't really want to share the reading, though, because it was very personal and a bit emotional, so just take my word for this bit okay? :laugh:

On Tuesday I will be hand-passing Shelley on to BlueDragonfly; we live in neighboring towns. I may or may not get out tomorrow, depending if it's raining again/still, but if so I will take her with me and post more!

Attachments

• Shelley 001.jpg
    Shelley 001.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Shelley002.jpg
    Shelley002.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 143

BlueDragonfly

The Hand Off and first impressions.

On a cold November afternoon, I visited my friend Yirabeth. She lives in the town just to the north of me. I was there to meet Shelley, Bride of Frankendecken! Shelley usually travels through the mail to her next host's home, so this was indeed a special occassion! :D

We sat at the kitchen table chatting and going through the cards, one at a time. I didn't recognize very many at all, so I knew my first evening with her would be spent with the list in front of me/us! After visiting with Yira's beautiful African Violets and meeting a few that I'll be adopting:heart:, Shelley and I set out for home.

Coffee at my elbow, with the list page in front of me, we settled in to get better acquainted. I opened the bag(very snug with the Inner Child card being so large) and began going through the cards again, looking more closely at details and pulling up the AT pages for a few of them, to see more cards from those decks. My wishlist didn't really increase much, but it was so nice to see, up close and personal, so many different deck representations. *and I forgot to take pics of her first night here*

The next morning, Shelley and I were up early(she's a bit grumpy before her coffee), and caught up with AT. She expressed a desire to go to work with me, but with no clients scheduled that day, I took her out to the house I take care of for a family that lives out of state. When she saw how boring it is.....she sat there and pouted. :(

But then she brightened right back up when she saw the car in the garage. It needed started and warmed up, driven a bit, so that moisture doesn't build up. She thought it would be an excellent adventure if she could drive it! :eek: :bugeyed:
:mad: "Yeah, I don't think so Shelley!" After some back and forth "heated discussion", I agreed that if she could reach the peddles and still see over the dashboard at the same time, that yes, I'd let her drive.....}) }) })....That didn't work out so well for her. :laugh: She was a good sport about it, though. :)

And so our week begins........

Attachments

• 022a.jpg
    022a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Shelleydrives(not).jpg
    Shelleydrives(not).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 114

BlueDragonfly

ANd another one.

BlueDragonfly

I think I can come up with enough for 3 posts! :D

Stormdancer

Shelley arrives in Chicagoland.

*** Friday December 9, 2011 @ 9:47 am.

Shelley arrives at my office, in a HUGE box! I hope she's not pregnant :bugeyed:

I couldn't open the box at work. I wouldn't want to infect her with the Yabbie Miasma that permeates my office, so I set her on the chair opposite my desk to wait.

When I FINALLY got home, I delicately tore into the package, and Shelley was surrounded by cookies and a cuddly blanket. :)

She showed amazing restraint. I found only a few crumbs scattered here and there. She was kind enough to save some cookies for me! :party:

The Naughty NAUGHTY Kitty introduced herself briefly by sniffing around, but I know many are allergic so that will be their last meeting…LOL

The House warming blanket post… http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2970798&postcount=621

"What can I learn from you?" White Tiger King….Swords? Blinged…Coolio!!!!

…………I am Mistress of my thoughts. ???????? Or…maybe I'm mistress of The Naughty One…LOL :laugh:

My "good night" card…..Knight of pents….sparkly….and the design on the medallion??? He's moving to the left….that's unusual……

to balance that disk while astride………..

What a trip to hold something like this.

Stormdancer

Saturday, December 10, 2011

G'Morning Shelley~~~

My card for the day…Temperance, from the Paulina??? A very balanced image…standing on a crystal…remember to have fun while achieving your tasks today. Her feet remind me of a ballet position. I may/ not check into that…

Shelley greeting the morning Sun…and a cup of coffee…LOL

***Mild panic attack*** Couldn't find HER bag…lol

SANTA!!! SANTA!!! SANTA!!! at the local convenience store. I rushed back home for Shelley. Santa was MORE than happy to hold her and he was impressed with her upcoming travels…LOL

And with Shelley's gentle prodding I managed to get my Holiday cards addressed AND mailed out, each with a message from Her. :heart:

I decided on Sushi for dinner. Shelley's a pro with chopsticks although we were SO full with one piece left. We decided to take the hunk of salmon out and scarf that.

We rolled our way out and went home, where The Naughty One decided she wanted another visit