Skeptics Partners or other loved ones

tarotbear

A few months ago I found out that it's illegal to take pebbles from a beach in the UK! Pretending I don't know... *hands over my ears*

Why? :bugeyed: Are they afraid the beaches will disappear?

Morwenna

Now he sounds like a keeper. How does he read from stones? I collect stones myself. We do a lot of four wheel driving and camping, and I would always sneak stones and rocks into the vehicle, along with what I termed attractive bits of wood, much to the dismay of my other half. I have no idea why I collect them, but am interested to hear how your other half uses them.

He has a bunch of interesting stones he picked up over time, just things he saw on paths or by the side of roads or whatever. One day, with a divination venue coming up, he took a good look at his little collection, and decided that he could use them. Each one suggested a meaning, according to either shape or markings or whatever; if it didn't, he kept it in anyway as a modifier, depending on the cast. He casts them onto a surface, and reads them by position relative to each other and to the central point of the cast. If an unnamed stone falls between two others, it represents a block or an obstacle.

He tried it out, first on me and then on our rune friend, and realized he had a hit on his hands. He did quite well with them at the renfaires we were attending. But he hasn't read with them in a long time; he'd have to get reacquainted with them before doing it again.

ravenest

I have to laugh. That is one of my favourite old musicals. :) Hail to Howard Keel.

Mikado for me;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLOMqK-viA

Once found a dead young barn owl in central London. I thought - what a waste, the city council will just come along and trash that!... I decided I'd take her home and properly cut of her feathers for use. Then someone gave me the idea of cleaning the carcass to have the skeleton.
After a little research (some of which included the suggestion that I DIY by burying her in my back yard in a cage for 3 months for the flesh to be picked off - thought this plan a little too fiddly and had high potential for alarming the neighbours) I sent her off to a professional. Sadly her skeleton was in fractures from her (presumably) car accident, so he couldn't mount her skeleton in the end. I still have the feathers of her left wing. I gave the right one away.

I have a skeleton and bone collection .... I have one of these :

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1294474230326743.jpeg

The large snake skull is interesting; the spinal cord connects in at the back of the skull and the spinal column extends across the top inside of the skull, fused to the roof of the skull and coming down to to the front of the top jaw where it is an open tube, it appears the tongue is a direct extension of the spinal cord .

Most of them are packed away now .... Nisaba got a bat skeleton off me recently.

Here, one can put them in a box or cage (so the goannas dont carry them off) and the ants do most of the work.

ravenest

Why? :bugeyed: Are they afraid the beaches will disappear?

Yep. You know people ... let them take a few pebbles one day, and soon they are backing up a truck and a front end loader.

The same here with river rocks and gravel (although quiet a few local houses have been built using river rock :shhh: ) ... like the local Steiner kindergarten

http://chrysalis.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/class-1-2-3-drop.jpg

Blackrock beach in Melbourne has amazing rocks on it, fossilized ancient cold water reef, covered with ironstone, then the reef part erodes from the inside and leaves these incredible hollow shapes, I even have two matching stone 'Pixie boots' from there.

Sulis

Moderator note

Could we please get back to the topic of partners and other loved ones being sceptical about tarot?

No posts have been removed but this thread has strayed far from the topic and posts will be removed if it continues this way.

Thanks.

Sulis - moderator

ravenest

On that note ...

I feel, if in a relationship, you accept the other.

If they want help to change, that's another thing.

"Love me , love my dog."

Tanga

"Skeptic partners and loved ones"

On that note ...
I feel, if in a relationship... - you accept the other.
If they want help to change, that's another thing.
"Love me , love my dog."

Yes. :)
And seeing as my other half thinks it's all mumbo jumbo - he has no idea yet, that I'm planning to have an on-line reading service, as I'm keeping shtum about it. :)
He can find out when the site goes live (so that I avoid all the off-putting comments or looks that may arise beforehand. :) ).
Assuming it will be a success - he'll change his tune and start egging me on when he sees it's earning potential (dollar signs in his eyes Lol. His general view of money is - there's nothing wrong with it if it's dollars coming in - but it's a big fat evil disaster if it's dollars leaving his pocket, for whatever reason.).

pandap

I do that with rocks ( reading them that is) ... I posted the story of one of my favourite rocks down below in the rock (crystals) section, some time back. But my stories are based on the geological history of the rock and what it 'witnessed'. That is, it is the rock's story and not a message for anyone (well, not directly).

I'll have to have a look at that post ...

Whilst we were in the UK recently, we bought some war memorabilia (hope I've spelt that right, or I'll be in trouble!). My better half's buying up daggers and swords, costing an arm and a leg ... and he goes crook because I've seen a rock which lights my fire, but which cost a few pounds. Go figure! I just tell him "that's not an antique ... THIS is an antique". Rocks are the most amazing antiques of all in my opinion.

pandap

:laugh: Lucky you're male!

Once, aged ten, I dragged home a large shopping-bag full of pebbles from the beach. Still find it hard to resist picking them up. I have a few crystals but far more often it's the "lower class" ;) stones that I want. A combination of aesthetics and something about their character. I also have a piece of tree sap that set in an attractive shape and looks like amber, modern amber if you like, and several small shells. And yes, feathers. Hadn't thought of reading them but it's an idea I may try now.

A few months ago I found out that it's illegal to take pebbles from a beach in the UK! Pretending I don't know... *hands over my ears*

Yes, yes! I hear you! We went to Brighton Beach in the UK not long ago - I've never seen so many rocks in my life. I was in heaven! My brother had a good laugh I can tell you. Skulls is my other thing. Always had a fascination for them. Every four wheel drive trip I would be making the other half stop when I saw a skull to put in the back. 20 years later, he now actually likes them and displays them for me.

pandap

Could we please get back to the topic of partners and other loved ones being sceptical about tarot?

No posts have been removed but this thread has strayed far from the topic and posts will be removed if it continues this way.

Thanks.

Sulis - moderator

My apologies Sulis - I posted off topic before I caught up with this post.