Collecting decks by non-readers - is it OK ?

gregory

cirom said:
Feeling guilty about collecting decks you might not end up using ??
Oh please, of all the things you could feel guilty about in life, this surely is on par with an extra bite of chocolate cake, or lower.
HEY good point - there are so many chocolate things in this house I don't eat (I need to lose weight; quite a lot of it !) - and that's the only way it gets used, yeah? - not to mention gin (can't drink it, but have it in the house for beloved...) And all kinds of cleaning materials, but those I perhaps should.... if only this forum weren't so addictive !
So now I should look into getting your deck, cirom - where is it ???? and can I afford it, having just been on the way to ordering Carole Herzer's............
HANG ON - I have the Gilded already ! it is just GORGEOUS - anyone who hasn't it - go fetch, NOW; readers can read with it, evil selfish (granny)collectors can sit there with their mouths wide open for hours like I did the day it arrived - if anyone had been home as well, I might have got carted off by the MIWC !... (and by buying I am of course supporting Cirom and other lovely people in this forum. I must go offer more support to Carol Herzer - and to Scarabeo though they don't really need it !)

:joke:

Scorpion

gregory said:
So now I should look into getting your deck, cirom - where is it ???? and can I afford it, having just been on the way to ordering Carole Herzer's............
HANG ON - I have the Gilded already ! you have more ?

:joke:
I've PM'd you with Ciro's website. I think you'll find you can afford it if you like the Gilded!

gregory

Scorpion said:
Gregory - as you can see, I have had a sleepless night over this! I came to realise that MMM indeed has a point: all the Folchis in your collection that I don't already have were obviously MEANT FOR ME! That's what's been wrong all this time - and clearly why you found your way here!!! So I promise you, as soon as you've packed them all up and sent them winging their way to my neck of the woods your conscience will be clear!
No no - there are other options. You said you wanted to view a Pennine again - come mow my lawn and I will allow you to crawl up the stairs and ogle them. It will be easiest if you are less than 3 1/2 foot tall....
magpie9 said:
I can solve your dilemma. What amount of decks does MickyMickyMike (sp?) feel that you, as a non-reader should be allowed to have? Subtract that from your total number of decks, and send me the overage.
I can't do that - they love me too. they like their little room and the drawers they lounge about it. I treat them well, and they arefattening up nicely.........
Mikeymikeykmike appears to have about 3 decks; I don't know if that's what he considers appropriate as I never heard from him again !

But BARBIE ? Oh Rhiamon, I am quite depressed now. Back to the new deck I got today (from e-bay - it was up there for all to see..... and picoti often has them up for sale.... I will supply his e-mail for anyone drooling and wanting a Bauli !)

;)

Scorpion

gregory said:
No no - there are other options. You said you wanted to view a Pennine again - come mow my lawn and I will allow you to crawl up the stairs and ogle them. It will be easiest if you are less than 3 1/2 foot tall....

;)

I will certainly take you up on that offer one day but for now I think you should start wrapping them up .....

gregory

catti said:
I wonder if you felt guilty on your own Mad Gregory? or did some envious Tarot reader let you know that your * OOP tarot deck that you looked everywhere to find and then bought for more than you should of but you knew what it was and wanted it * was really meant for her/him?

<snip>

If you collect because the object of your desire brings you joy, THAT i understand.
And what in the world is wrong with joy in the moment?
You can look at the post where I started this thread for what got to me initially; as to collecting for joy - that is exactly why I collect (thanks for spelling it out !!!). Once, when we were desperately broke, I did suggest selling a couple of the ones that really pull the bucks on e-bay (having cost me, as I recall, $15 each, LOL). Family reaction was violent and unequivocal. They all felt it would hurt me more than they could bear - and to be honest it would have. Though I should put family and GENUINE essentials first - I remember someone's motor insurance..... you know who you are !
;)

Sophie

Well, let's see, should those of us who do read feel guilty if we have a Visconti Sforza and don't compose Tarocchi Appropriati with them? or a Marseille and don't play and gamble with them? Or a Thoth and don't conjure up the spirit of Thoth?

Enjoy your wonderful collection, gregory. It sounds like you are privileged to have found a great passion in life, and keep finding pleasure in looking at your cards. And you have the blessing of two card designers! Why worry more than that?

gregory

Helvetica said:
Well, let's see, should those of us who do read feel guilty if we have a Visconti Sforza and don't compose Tarocchi Appropriati with them? or a Marseille and don't play and gamble with them? Or a Thoth and don't conjure up the spirit of Thoth?
What makes you so sure.........?
(I said I didn't read...........)
Actually I did start doing that thing with the Lord's Prayer backwards when I was about 17, but chickened out somewhere around the daily bread bit....
I might look into the Appropriati. Just to salve my conscience, you understand.

gregory

Scorpion said:
I've PM'd you with Ciro's website. I think you'll find you can afford it if you like the Gilded!
I have it (FABULOUS - see my edited post) - and have PMd you back with a site which I know has a limited number of decks ..... I will publicise it once you've had a shot, in case they ran out !!!

Sophie

gregory said:
What makes you so sure.........?
(I said I didn't read...........)
Actually I did start doing that thing with the Lord's Prayer backwards when I was about 17, but chickened out somewhere around the daily bread bit....
I might look into the Appropriati. Just to salve my conscience, you understand.
I would love to see the results of your salved conscience!

Maybe you could start another thread (in Divination??) called - The Night I Conjured Up Thoth and all He Wanted Was a Smoke and to Gossip about Isis. Of course smoking is evil nowadays })

Although who knows, you might be harbouring many mysteries, between you and your decks? ;)

gregory

Do they HAVE to be flattering? This has possibilities............
I gave up smoking (after 2weeks) - I wonder why !
:smoker: (NOT)