Sheridan Douglas Study Group proposal

Sulis

Hi LB,

Yes, I plan to post a scan of the card we're talking about :)

connegrl

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer. I just ordered the Sheridan-Douglas from Tarot Garden. I'll be able to follow along and add comments as things come up. I only promised to read with only my IIT...No promises about not studying another deck. LOL

Jen

Emily

I've just ordered the Sheridan Douglas too - I really like the use of colour in this deck, the images seem so simple but from the cards I've seen online, I can tell its not and its shouting at me lol

Hopefully it will be here soon and I can join in properly. :)

Alfred Douglas

New study group

This is great fun, and I think everyone's thoughts on the Ace of Batons are fascinating.

I'm sure that as this discussion evolves it will throw up many fresh insights and new levels of meaning in our tarot images. Because of this I don't want to comment myself too often as it might put a damper on the proceedings - in other words, if I write "this card is meant to illustrate *****", this might deter someone from putting forward a quite different interpretation if they think it differs from the 'official' one. The more divergent views the better, in my opinion; it all adds to the richness and complexity of the weave.

(Of course, you won't manage to keep me quiet all the time - LOL)

Moonbow

Alfred, don't stay quiet, it's a joy to have you here.

I got my deck today, such good service from you, and 'such' a great deck.

I'm taking things slowly and looking at the Majors tonight, although I have had a quick flick through the whole deck. The Majors seem to be a modern mix of Marseilles and Wirth, and I love them, it suits me just fine. :) Plus points for me are that the Fool is un-numbered and it's sat at the end of the Majors as I write. The High Priestess is a 'Papess', and Justice is VIII with Strength at XI. I like that it's English too. I feel I have a real treasure and I gotta stop now before I say too much. I'm saving it for the individual cards.

:thumbsup:

strings of life

* wipes dust off of this 4 year old thread *

I've been jotting down notes on some of these cards and I love the use of color. I've read some of the other threads on the deck and agree about it being inspired by the TdM.

Is anyone else using this deck regularly and wants to study it as well? It's always nice to have company.

Sulis

I'm always game for adding thoughts on The Sheridan Douglas deck... I love the way it's heavily influenced by the TdMs yet uses really simple pictures..
So post away and I'll join you :).

strings of life

Great!

I read a few of your posts about the deck and can't wait to chat about it.

jema

Well, as is well known in the deck of the week group - my Sheridan-Douglas never leaves my side :-D
I use it constantly and love it. I'll post a bit more on the study group for sure.

Moonbow

I'll be reading this thread with interest. The Sheridan Douglas is my ideal of a RWS/Marseilles hybrid in terms of reading with it, and a masterful use of block colours and simple artwork with immense depth of meaning.