Discovery spread

WinterRose

You're welcome! I'd love to see what cards people pull for this spread. :D

shiresun

WinterRose said:
Shiresun - yes, this could work well with majors only!

That's great! I was going to try last night, but I got caught up in another 'exercise' with my cards. Tonight I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out and will be back after to let you know.

Thanks for sharing!

takplum

Thank you for such an interesting spread! I'm going to be thinking over my results for a long while.

shiresun

Wow, this was both awe inspiring and mind blowing in its results!

My Life Card turned out to be JUSTICE. I had to consider that for a while, and then I remembered something I'd read from a Rachel Pollack book, which hit the nail on the head. "Justice is about awareness of a sacred dimension of existence - which Tarot teaches us - can emerge in each of us." I still have a lot of meditation on that one.

My Personality Card (no surprise to me) is THE EMPEROR. It turns out that my name card (which I found through another spread) is, of course, The Emperor - which is gotten through what number our birthday adds up to.

My Spirit Card was THE MAGICIAN, and while it was a surprise, it makes a great deal of sense, and I had some very amazing moments last night just meditating on this card when I found out it was my Spirit Card, which included a shooting star as confirmation.

My Grounding Card was my favorite card (not necessarily in this deck) but in general: The Hermit!

Thank you WinterRose for this truly amazing spread!

OH, here is the kicker... I hadn't been able to actually print out the particulars of the spread, so I just copied down the questions, and didn't have the layout. So I winged it. The reading was done with Majors only (as you can see) and I laid out the entire deck (sort of in a circle) and did this Reiki thing I do over the cards to pick out which ones belonged to the questions.

Peace,

Shire

JoannaCrystal

This spread is about you. Have you ever wondered what your personal card is? You could flick through the deck and find the one you're most drawn to, but I find it easier to allow the cards to choose one for you - that way your knowledge of the card's meanings doesn't affect your choice. This is a spread that I've come up with to let the Universe talk to you about the different aspects of your being.

Here's the spread:

~~~~~1~~~~~
~~2~~~~~3~~~
~~~~~4~~~~~~

1. Your Life card. This is what signifies you throughout your life - this is the meaning and significance of your life.

2. Your Personality card. This is your personality - not how you or others see you, but your true personality.

3. Your Spirit card. This shows the shape of your spirit.

4. Your Grounding card. This shows what advice the Universe has for you.

If any positions show negative cards, it is what you have to overcome in this life - possibly as karma for previous life.
Hi there WinterRose šŸ˜Š

I was passing by in the Tarot Index and came across this one, and I find it wonderful, and I really want to try this!

I have a question for you tho!
What type of question I need to ask?
Usually I have troubles finding the best question in readings for myself!

Thank you so much for this share!!

Much light for you!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

rwcarter

Hi there WinterRose šŸ˜Š

I was passing by in the Tarot Index and came across this one, and I find it wonderful, and I really want to try this!

I have a question for you tho!
What type of question I need to ask?
Usually I have troubles finding the best question in readings for myself!

Thank you so much for this share!!

Much light for you!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
Checking her profile, WinterRose hasn't logged into the forum since January 2015. I would paraphrase WinterRose's own words to ask the question - What can the Universe tell me about the different aspects of my being at this point in my life? Knowing that the aspects can change over time, you can use the spread to check in once a year.

Rodney

DarkWolf

I can't wait to try out this spread! A much better approach than the traditional "you are blonde and 14 so you are this person card, etc."

Thanks for sharing.

Honeysun

Very cool, I'm saving the spread if you don't mind :)

Thank you. I will give it a try.

pinkcrow

Have you ever done this with Majors only?

I was tempted to do this with majors only...I ended up using a full deck and didn't pull a single major. Glad I chose not to!

Great spread.

Hemera

Moderator Note

A reading using this spread has been moved to the Your Readings area.
You can find it here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=268714

Readings are no longer posted in this area although some of the older threads (like this one) may still contain some reading posts.