Laryingitis is rest the only cure?

aceofhearts

I am currently on quiet mode. Great for others but frustrating for me. I am drinking cups of tea at a rapid rate but I am unsure what can be used as a way of helping the healing process. I have a deep seated belief that we can be healed naturally. I wanted to try flower remedies but I am allergic to alcohol,yes really! so its a no go for me. I was going to try aloe vera juice with cranberry but wasnt sure if it was just for detox. can anyone give me insight into what might or could help please? any ideas welcome and thank-you.

temperlyne

By drinking lost of anything you keep flushing away the bacteria and the debris they leave behind. Just make sure the drinks are not too hot, too cold or otherwise irritating.

Apollonia

Dry air is the enemy of the vocal cords, so you might want to use a humidifier if it is dry where you are, especially at night. Also, whispering will delay the healing process, so if you must talk, try to speak in your normal tone.

I see you can't use flower remedies, but can you use essential oils if you just breathe them in? If so, Benzoin is good for laryngitis; also Lavender, Sandalwood, or Thyme.

If you're into Louise Hay, the affirmation for healing laryngitis is: "I am free to ask for what I want. It is safe to express myself. I am at peace."

Hope you're back to full volume soon!
Apollonia

morticia monroe

Most cases of laryngitis are viral rather than bacterial related. Antibiotics wont help. But honey is good to coat the swollen larynx, they say. Be sure to use it in your tea instead of sugar. The humidifier is a great idea.

Enchanted Luna

I swear by the tea and honey method - best to get some unpasteurized honey, preferably harvested away from pesticide sprayed orchards and the like. If you cannot find it, regular store bought honey is ok too. :)

I know a number of singers who rely on honey to help them with their voices. Plus it's great to settle any tummy upsets etc. Second the humidifier advice, and you might want to avoid dairy products.

If you practice crystal therapy, a blue stone, such as aquamarine, lapis lazui placed at the throat can help. Also stillbite is another good one to treat laryngitis.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

With blessings and light,
Lady Lasairfhiona

Haunted Wood

The best thing to do would be to rest your voice. I'm a singer and one of the best things to drink is a hot lemon and honey drink. Put a couple of teaspoons of honey (plain old regular supermarket stuff is perfectly fine) in the bottom of a cup, with some lemon juice (I usually have about a quarter of a cup of the lemon juice) then fill the rest of the cup with boiled water. Lemsip is pretty good too, it's a drink for colds and flus which has lemon and panadol in it...tastes awful, but I took it for a sore throat recently and it was effective. Normal tea would help too, even just drinking lots of water. Putting your head over a bowl of boiled water and breathing in the steam can help too.

aceofhearts

~Trying the lemon and honey. I will give the aquamarine/lapis a try as well:)
I went to the pharamcists had to scrawl it onto some paper. I purchased some vocal pastilles and anaesthetic tablets I have to use every hour.

thanx

Enchanted Luna

Aww poor thing!! Are you feeling any better today?

Sometimes, you just have to let these things run their course :D

With blessings,

Lady Lasairfhiona

aceofhearts

I think I need to sleep a lot of this off.

aceofhearts

wanted to say hi. I have some lemon,lime,coconut milk and ginger. I have been drinking lemon lime and ginger as a tea and found it really soothing. spent most of the time in and out of sleep and having some bizzare dreams.
I have been affirming also and kept the aquamarine next to my bed. I also have apiece of amethyst and rose quartz there. I dont know if I need to remove these two crystals?
thanks