Serenity Prayer Spreads

DaisyDragonfly

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Any ideas for developing spreads based around this?

The most obvious is a 3-card spread, where:

1) Things I cannot change.
2) Things I can change.
3) Message/wisdom from the universe.

But it feels, I dunno, unsatisfying. It's a simple (and well-known) prayer, but it has a lot of depth. I'm pretty sure it be the base of a profound spread.

Any ideas?

Zelmira

Daisy:
I like that simple prayer very much and I think your spread is very adequate to the prayer, given the simplicity of both, still very deep indeed. Perhaps if you want to get more info you can make every one of the parts of the prayer a 3 card row. That way you have various things that you can and cannot change, and also a message with three cards instead of one. Thank you for sharing, I am going to include it in my journal. Peace,

Zelmira

BeyondtheVeil

I also love that prayer and used it daily years ago to get through a rough time. I like the simple spread that you have already made. It is simple yet gets to the point. It seems to be a great general spread that could be made specifically to fit any situation/question.

Thanks for posting it! I will definitely try it out later today. :)

BeyondtheVeil

Redstar

I think it has a great use and is perfect as is!

mahjong

DaisyDragonfly said:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Any ideas for developing spreads based around this?

The most obvious is a 3-card spread, where:

1) Things I cannot change.
2) Things I can change.
3) Message/wisdom from the universe.

But it feels, I dunno, unsatisfying. It's a simple (and well-known) prayer, but it has a lot of depth. I'm pretty sure it be the base of a profound spread.

Any ideas?
There is a Serentity prayer spread posted by 'embla' that I found in the spread index a while ago

DaisyDragonfly

Ah, thanks guys! I thought I'd gone through the spreads index pretty thoroughly... but apparently not!

Glad that the little 3 card spread is also striking a chord :)

Winterlady

I really like this idea... what about adding 2 cards for "How you've dealt with this in the past" and "what might be a better way to manage in the future? (or manage the situation as it is now)"

I was thinking that might give your reading more weight?

.02 copper pennies from a n00b to the board. :)

DaisyDragonfly

Winterlady,

Thanks! Those are some mighty valuable copper pennies! I do like that idea; I think I'd put those two cards underneath it, as a sort of foundation, or base line. Advice cards, with the remaining three as more of a meditation/contemplation set.

But really, I suppose, you can do whatever you need with it :)

Winterlady

Thanks!

I've never tried to design my own reading before. But I definitely get what you're saying when you feel like 3 cards doesn't quite give you what you need. I hope it works. :)