STUDY GROUP: Crystals, Gem & Metal Magic

Jimilyn

I'm in line for the study group, right behind Starfish! :)

Jimilyn

jema

my favorite stones.

could find no other place to write about the stones i love the most.
so here it goes:

sodalite - it is the stone that helped me overcome my fear of thunderstorms! i have several rather large chunks of it. all trumbled and smooth to touch.

milk quarts - a perfectly milky white snowbal shaped stone that i just love to hold.

jasper - all kinds. i can not leave my stone shop without buying a new jasper.

sunstone - the feltspar kind. sort of like shimmering in orange and yellow and red. kind of flakey and fragile but still strong in energy.

ok, just one more to make it 5

flourite - i have both one purple and one rainbow flourite. they are kind of new age-ish stones but i like them because the very first stone i ever bought was my purple flourite:)

DarkElectric

I love gems and crystals ! Count me in:)

mermaiden

I actually have 2 questions I was hoping someone could answer...

First off, does anyone know of a good stone for recalling past lives? www.luckygemstones.com has one called dumortierite but I've had no luck finding it.

Secondly, what else can smokey quartz be used for besides scrying?

Thanks everyone! :) BTW, www.luckygemstones.com is a great site for info.

starfish66

Re: I actually have 2 questions I was hoping someone could answer...

mermaiden said:
What else can smokey quartz be used for besides scrying?

The clearest, most intense ones can powerfully open the 7th Chakra drawing light down to the root chakra. Smoky Quartz is good for inducing deep meditation for channeling, deep relaxation, lovingness. Ancient use also to stimulate meridians, kundalini. Stores information well. Alleviates fear, anxiety, depression. CHAKRAS: Crown. Kundalini.

:TSUN Starfish

starfish66

mermaiden said:
First off, does anyone know of a good stone for recalling past lives? www.luckygemstones.com has one called dumortierite but I've had no luck finding it.

The Blizzard Stone (which looks alot like Snowflake Obsidian) is the stone you're looking for ;)

Blizzard Stone - Metaphysical Store.

the hermit

Re: Re: I actually have 2 questions I was hoping someone could answer...

Starfish said:

The Blizzard Stone (which looks alot like Snowflake Obsidian) is the stone you're looking for ;)

Blizzard Stone - Metaphysical Store.

This is a black serpentine (sedimentary) rock with white feldspar inclusions that comes from Alaska. I've noticed that when it's called "blizzard stone" it is very expensive. If you can find a rock shop with it, rather than a metaphysic store, it will be cheaper (true of many rocks and minerals). Just look/ask for white feldspar in black serpentine from Alaska... same stone, lower price.

mermaiden

Wow! Thanks a bunch, Starfish and Hermit!!!!! :D:D:D I'm sure it'll be a lot easier to find than that other one I listed! :D

the hermit

mermaiden said:

Secondly, what else can smokey quartz be used for besides scrying?

Thanks everyone! :) BTW, www.luckygemstones.com is a great site for info.
Starfish said:

The clearest, most intense ones can powerfully open the 7th Chakra drawing light down to the root chakra. Smoky Quartz is good for inducing deep meditation for channeling, deep relaxation, lovingness. Ancient use also to stimulate meridians, kundalini. Stores information well. Alleviates fear, anxiety, depression. CHAKRAS: Crown. Kundalini.

Smokey Quartz is also considered to be a good grounding stone and thus a good “beginners” stone for both crystal scrying and meditation. I use a smoky quartz sphere for meditation when I’m feeling confused or disconcerted. It helps me think “through” issues.

mermaiden

Oh yeah!....

I'd also like to thank you both, Starfish and Hermit, for the VERY, VERY useful information on smokey quartz!