Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

The Happy Squirrel

Incidental Tarot Trimmed

Incidental tarot, trimmed :)
Was planning on only removing the most outer edges. But accidentally skewed one card cutting freehand with a pair of scissors. So bought a paper cutter and a rounder from the local shop, and cut another layer out. Then with one card, I cut the wrong frame out, one layer deeper than planned. All the borders ended up cut to its final layer :)
Smaller rounder would have worked better but could not find anything other than a 10 mm rounder :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 210

Madrigal

Another gorgeous job Madrigal. You're on a deck altering roll. Maybe I should hire you to do some of my decks that I haven't gotten around to.... :joke:

Rodney

Thanks though your collection would have me working for quite the span of time :joke:

Tanga

Gendron and Lo Scarabeo Trimmed

The coolness of deck altering is just unfolding for me. :)
Spent my whole day yesterday lost in it. Still more to do with slightly more daring
ink stains on the way in the post...

Here's my beloved Gendron Deck before and after:
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820481044039/
With "walnut stain" as the edging colour. (Tom Holtz distress ink).

And Lo Scarabeo - which I figured if I altered it, I'd like it more, and thus use it more ;):
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820481044043/
The edging is "vintage photo" (Tom Holtz distress ink).

So satisfying to see other's alteration work here. :love:

The Happy Squirrel

Looking good!

AJ

believe it or not some of my post spaces for showing the decks are now out of the character limit allowed on posts. I've written to Solandia to see if that restriction can be lifted.

If not, I'll start a new thread, transfer what we've accumulated so far, into 8 posts rather than 4, and have this thread locked.

caught up to post 511

Madrigal

I'm sure I speak for many of us here at AT when I say thanks for this, AJ. I imagine this thread is no small amount of work to maintain :thumbsup:

rwcarter

believe it or not some of my post spaces for showing the decks are now out of the character limit allowed on posts. I've written to Solandia to see if that restriction can be lifted.

If not, I'll start a new thread, transfer what we've accumulated so far, into 8 posts rather than 4, and have this thread locked.

caught up to post 511
AJ about to send you a PM that may help.

Madrigal

My fingers are getting the itch to trim. And The Holy Light Tarot is calling my name. Spent some time studying those borders and decided a smaller corner-rounder was needed. There is a lot of writing on those bottom borders so this will require a delicate hand. I don't see this deck listed in the first page index but to me it's just crying out to be borderless. If I can pull it off I think it'll be gorgeous.

Tanga

What an interesting deck Madrigal. :)

I have a dilemma... I'd like to trim my Tarot of the Cat People but, the front and the back printings don't line up. So trimming, I think, will be a bit of a fiddle and a mess.
Boo.

Secondly - I'd like to trim my Omegaland Tarot (to look at, it doesn't need trimming - but the cards are rather wide. A narrower version would be a lot more comfortable to use) - but it doesn't really have clear borders to cut along. This means - I'd have to make a stencil to draw a cutting border around each card, and then cut. Hmmmmmm.
Such work... :)