BLUE BIRD LENORMAND.....It's Coming!

greatdane

Looks like a lot of people

will be interested in this deck. And there isn't a long wait :).

IHeartRescues

It was the verses...

**deleted**

IHeartRescues

I just got them!

Copying and pasting fm my post on the What Lenormands will you be using in 2016? thread.

They are beautiful and charming too!
They are 8.9cm x 6.2cm. On stiff paper cardstock. Stiff at first to riffle-shuffle and great for over-hand. The man and woman both face to the right. I love the cardbacks. They have an aged look, blue and cream. The images are large and clear. The only 2 that I would change are the Roads which shows only one road, and the Key which shows a heart right next to it and confuses me when i look at it.

The verses are in English by Stuart Kaplan and most are relevant, some not so much imho. I am an inexperienced reader. I need to read the LWB to see whether he mentions how he wrote these. My first deck w/ verses! :)

IHeartRescues

This is what LynnRA fm US games said earlier on this thread

The arrival date of this new deck at port is January 8. It will take a few days to clear customs, get shipped to Stamford Ct, and put into inventory. Once that happens, it will be available on our (U.S. Games) website. I will announce its arrival on our Facebook page and I will pop in here too! It typically takes another 4-5 business days to be on Amazon and other vendors.

Thanks again AT friends! Lynn

I hope this prevents too many emails asking when this will be available Lynn RA :)

AnjouTwo

Pre-order

The deck is now up for pre-order at US Games and at least one major retailer, for US$14.

greatdane

And so the feeding frenzy begins.....

:)) I will say these images are definitely among the most sumptuous I have seen in a Lenormand. Not knocking ANY other deck, but this images are just...lush.

MissChiff

I like the looks of this deck.. It has a Victorian feel.. It would be the first lenormand I would own that has the verses..

greatdane

MissChiff The images drew me in

It is not a secret Lenormand forums I don't care for playing card inserts or verses :). I look at images and that's really all I really want or need, although I DO get why others want the inserts and/or verses.

But the images in this deck were just so ....lavish....vintage...are the adjectives that come to mind, I wanted it for that alone.

For those who love verses and or playing card inserts, I think those were incorporated beautifully, even though I don't personally use them.

greatdane

The Blue Bird Has Landed

Just got it literally minutes ago.

First thing I noticed was the box, which I think is perfect, simple, elegant and, well, blue!

I love the smell of card stock! It has that great new paper smell. I love the card stock, seems like it will stand up well and is an easy shuffler.

Even though I definitely go for no inserts or verses, much less both, I must say that for this deck, they all go together. It looks cohesive to me. I will just ignore that part of the card as I don't read playing cards and verses don't really mean anything to me, although I think Mr. Kaplan did a great job on them.

Which brings me to the size of the images. Considering there are inserts and verses, the image is still large enough for me to easily see. That's always a concern if there will be quite a bit on a small card. The way the images are laid out, and the titles easily seen, make this no problem for me to see and know what card I have.

A couple cards I found of particular interest.

The Road, as in singular. I will still read it as I do other Lenormands, as choices, as in roads, crossroads, paths, multiple, not singular, but that took me aback a bit.

Another was Children, as in plural. I will still read it the same as I do Child, but just found interesting one card that is usually plural was made singular and one that is usually singular was made plural. No criticism, just an observation, as I don't have any other decks like that.

Overall, it's just stunning and well done to US Games and Mr. Kaplan for doing the verses.
This deck, I believe, will be around a LONG time.
It's now EDGED in Antique Linen and ready to go! :)